Amp suggestion - Alpine S-60AM or Kicker 46CXA800.1?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Which one would you choose? Better SQ/efficiency/build quality?

Both are roughly 170$ (10$+/-)~.

My subwoofer is an Hertz HX300D (2ohm - 600W).

They're just entry level bass amplifiers. Pick the one with a better remote knob. If they're equivalent choose the one you think is more attractive. Given the brand reputations your risk of disappointment is minimized.

I've never been impressed with Alpine amps and I'm one of the few here that actually loves Kicker. I still say you are a fool for going with either of those

So you buy an expensive SQ sub and want to buy the cheapest amp possible and hope for good results? People kill me with this ****.
Okay so let me explain you.
I have had this subwoofer for 5 years, along with a JBL GTO1001EZ amp that just started smoking after 5 years of use.

I am willing to spend up to 300$ for new amp, do you have any other better options than the ones I mentioned?

Efficiency is important since I am on stock alternator, my car is a Mazda 2 2010.

Someone told me the cab22 is the best value but I am not sure if I can trust this brand. The JBL I had served me for 5 years and I am looking for another amp that will serve me another 5 years.

I've been using a Kicker 1200.1 on a Sundown Sa12, daily, for over 2 years now and I've been pleased with it so far. I'm also running a kicker 360.4 for the doors and I'm on stock electrical in a 2011 Kia Optima.

im running this. it does like 630 watts, scoped it myself. ive used a few Fosgates over the years. never had a problem with them

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...