Amp/Spkr power rating Q

Seranin

This has probably been covered before, but I don't know what to search for to find answers. How much rms power per channel do I need from an amp to properly power my speakers (MB Quart website rates them @ 60-130W front and 40-100W rear)? :

I'm thinking of putting MB Quart PCE 216 6.5" components in the front & PCE 213 5.25" in the rear of my WRX STI... haven't decided on HU yet, but I like the look of Pioneer/Premier decks, probably a P7500 or P9400...or possibly a higher end Eclipse. I have no idea as far as amps go...I'd like to get a 5 channel with enough power to supply my front/rears and a 10" MB Quart PWE 254 (claims 400W, 4ohm) sub in the trunk.

Q's: what amp, how much power, & should I think about getting a deck without an internal amplifier, or can I turn off the head unit amp when i get an external one?

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.