Amp Rack

Also, my head unit only has one remote out. So I have to power the power antennae and 2 amps. I have a relay at home that I have used before that I am thinking of using again. I know most would say that a remote wire is good to power, I've seen people say, up to ten amplifiers. But do you guys think I would benefit from the relay?

I used the relay before to power 3 amps and cooling fans

HeadUnit: Pioneer FH-S722BS
Amps: Rockford Fosgate R2-300x4 and Rockford Fosgate R2-500x1

i just mounted my amp to my box...

ive always just used the remote wire. im only using 1 amp right now. i had 2 amps in my last car

A lot of amplifiers these days come with remote outs as well now. I have one remote for my two amplifiers. I just used Stinger 9 Wire with the remote but when it came back to the amplifiers I stripped some off and made a dual connection with heat shrink and what not off to the amplifiers. Been doing it that way for years and years with no issues. I don't have an amp rack I did this in the Explorer with the original 2 amplifiers and kept it the same setup. This was before the 1/0 Welding wire it shows 4 Gauge Memphis OFC in the picture so ignore that and since then I now have a Cab-22 along with a PPI i520.4 in there instead of the PPI Phantom and MTX 4 channel. Will be watching the thread though for amp rack ideas myself for the future build I am planning right now when I get my 2nd car.

Attachments

• 2003 Explorer Amp Install.jpg
    2003 Explorer Amp Install.jpg
    679.6 KB · Views: 210
3 amps and cooling fans
Fans are a whole different animal than remote turnon for audio equipment. You must use relay if you plan to use fans. Otherwise, it has been proven that a relay draws about as much current as 9 modern amplifiers so if you're running fewer than 9 amps relay is actually asking more of your head unit.
Six Wolfram 9K's. Three Mechman 370's and 280 ah lithium.
That's not yours. You don't need to lie to kick it. **** like this is why you're in the biggest douchebag on this board contest with John Kuthe.

This made more sense when it was a 4 foot half-bridge laying on top of AGMs in a carpeted box. Still not 100% on which amp(s) I'll be running long term and I won't flip the Focal amp around and try to stash the wires until I've dialed the gains in. I haven't had much time to mess with that since I replaced the head unit this winter.

Mostly just use this F250 for plowing and hauling so I may or may not ever bother trying to clean this up more. Just wanted some tunes and worked with whatever leftover wires I had up above the garage. If I have time this year I may try to score some LTO cells from my guy in China and do an SPL build in here.

Regular old fashioned under the seat in the Corolla. That floor mat keeps it from shifting so I never even bothered trying to screw it down.

I never really finish off anything because I always have plans to tinker later and change things.

Well my plans are to grab some HDPE. Have the two amps side by side. Two distribution blocks, one for power and one for ground. Once I get the amps mounted and distros mounted. I will mark off, unmount everything, and cut the HDPE to the design I want. I have been watching a lot of Dean and Fernando videos to get the inspiration.

Screenshot_20210105-073437_Chrome.jpg

This was the amp rack I put together back around 2009 in my Explorer . I still have the rack and I think 3 of the amps ...each amp powered a DD 9510... I took it to one show and the setup took first ..I blew out a seal on one of the rear windows ...it was a daily setup and did about 155dbs ..after I ran through the line I demo the unit for a couple of hours ...on the floor of the Jackson MS Collesium. I wish I had more pics of the build ...I ran across this one a while back ..I had 4 batteries under the hood and a Batcap 8400 12v in the rear .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...