Amp needed for two 15" kicker L7's

• Thread starter <jon>
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
Originally posted by :i have 2 15" L7's and i am running them both with my JL 500/1 and it does p[retty good, but i was wondering if there is a better amp to run them.
A big one
Seriously though I did an install the end of November. Two 15" L7's in a humongous ported enclosure. With 2 Kicker zr 1000's. Before the Kickers he was using a bd1000.1 giving each 500w. The subs were barely moving.

They need and want alot of power.

WIth the amp u are using, each of your subs is only getting 250 watts which is barely anything considering those subs take 1000 watts rms. If you want to power them to their true potential you are going to need to get 2 amps rated at 1000 watts a piece or a good 2000 watt amp to power both. Those subs arent doing any work at all at 250 watts a piece. if you power them with the recommended 2000 watts, you will be amazed and partially deaf.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.