Amp issues, help needed!

Slees435

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi All,

Got a budget build in the boot of my '82 Fiesta - specs as follows:
  • Pioneer SPH-10BT Head Unit
  • Edge ED7300 Amp - running Edge 6.5" Components and an extra set of heavy duty tweeters
  • Vibe Powerbox 400 amp running an Edge 10" Sub
Each amp had a separate RCA feed from the head unit and was working perfectly

This weekend I added:
  • Pair of Fli 350 6x9's - connected to the front speaker outs from the main harness
  • Pair of Sony XPLOD 6x9's - connected to the rear speaker outs from the main harness.
Since I added the 6x9's to the car the amps refuse to work for more than 20 seconds - even at low volume with the gain turned down. What is the reason for the amps not working since I have added the 6x9's to the speaker out on the Head unit?

Could it be drawing too much from the alternator perhaps? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am close to giving up now!

I should add, if I unplug the wires from the 6x9s the amps work fine again even at full gain 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hi All,

Got a budget build in the boot of my '82 Fiesta - specs as follows:
  • Pioneer SPH-10BT Head Unit
  • Edge ED7300 Amp - running Edge 6.5" Components and an extra set of heavy duty tweeters
  • Vibe Powerbox 400 amp running an Edge 10" Sub
Each amp had a separate RCA feed from the head unit and was working perfectly

This weekend I added:
  • Pair of Fli 350 6x9's - connected to the front speaker outs from the main harness
  • Pair of Sony XPLOD 6x9's - connected to the rear speaker outs from the main harness.
Since I added the 6x9's to the car the amps refuse to work for more than 20 seconds - even at low volume with the gain turned down. What is the reason for the amps not working since I have added the 6x9's to the speaker out on the Head unit?

Could it be drawing too much from the alternator perhaps? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am close to giving up now!

I should add, if I unplug the wires from the 6x9s the amps work fine again even at full gain 🤷🏻‍♂️
Have you considered purchasing a 4 channel amplifier, dedicated to the 6 x9 speakers.

Have you considered purchasing a 4 channel amplifier, dedicated to the 6 x9 speakers.

I haven’t - it is a possibility but doesn’t change the fact that I should be able to run speakers off both the harness speaker outs and the rca outs simultaneously,,,

I think the next step is going to be to rip out all of the wiring and start from scratch again to eliminate any possible wiring issue.

To clarify: do you only have one speaker per channel from your deck? If you have multiple speakers per channel, the internal amp cannot support the load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...