amp install?

mickyd32
10+ year member

Canada
I'm thinking of amping my speakers (alpine 174A's in the front) and alpine 6x9's in the rear (can't remember the number). I am already running 2 rockford subs, and my base seems a little too much for what the rest of the car puts out in treble, and I'm not really running the amp settings or base settings to high on the subs.

I already have an older 4 channel amp that i want to connect to my speakers. Will this give me a little more out of the speakers? I know I could get the same result if I upgraded my head unit (Kenwood Mp5022), but that's a future plan and I have the amp just sitting there anyway.

Here's what I planned, I wanted to wire in the amp under neath one of my seats, because is my car (95 grand prix GTP) there isn't room for it anywhere else and I dont' want to run everything all the way to the trunk, and all the way back to the front.

Does anyone have a problem with this, helpful comments or just plain better ideas?

Where is your other amp located? If it is in the trunk, I would add second amp there as well, and just get a distro block to make running the power easier. And you can also just daisy chain the remote from your other amp, and use the same ground as your sub amp. Running your speaker wires and RCA(for 4channel) under the door "kicks" and back to the trunk shouldn't be too hard. Just keep them as far away from the power as possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.