Amp in protect

Participant count
  • Participant list

bostonwhaler23

CarAudio.com Newbie
Lately my amp has been doing this weird thing. My system is a crunch 1800 watt amp for my 8" skar sub wired at 4 ohms bridged and a dual 400 watt amp for the highs. I amp using a distribution block to distribute power between the two amps. Lately my highs have been working fine, but the amp for the sub randomly goes into protect when I turn on the car (It does this both when the key is turned to accessory and when I have cranked it.) I went through all the wiring and can't find a short. I made sure I had a good ground on bare metal. I tested the volts, around 12 when the key is in accessory, and 13 when the car is cranked. Occasionally I am able to fix the problem by driving some and then stopping the car, turning it off, and cranking it again. Neither the sub or the amp gets very warm. Any ideas as to what the issue might be?

is it possible that the amp is the problem? if you are using a distribution block and your other amp is getting sufficient power and ground, your wiring may be okay. Are you using a distribution block for your grounds also? Curious.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.