Amp clam test leaving me with questions.

Just to clarify here are my options. Keep the .7 ohm dual voice coils. Wire them down. Which I found searching would equal .175ohm load. Secondly. Dual 1.4ohm recones and wire down to a .5ohm load. Or lower what ever it comes out to. Also could just rebuild the box. Again... Which I'm trying to avoid. My question is with box rise. Mine being at 1.5 ohm. With a .175 ohm load. Will the amp be ok? Will it be registering the fact that I'm at .175. Or at 1.6 ohm? I don't want to hook it up and see smoke coming from my investments.

Also if you had the choice what would you do in my case. Money is tight at the moment. So I'm not trying to spend a bunch fixing this issue.
I didnt even read you had two subs :/.

If you want to attempt it i would highly watch your ohm load before turning it up and smoking the amp.

You have to find out if you get box rise on certain frequency ranges or if its flat

your saz3500 is going to live a great life at .7 ohms load for daily bumping.

if your hooking up the car with : high out put alternator 250amp or better - and a few hundred amp hours worth of reserve agm battery

only then will your amp work properly at .5 ohm for daily and even then its on the border line of you need to know what the heck your doing at .5 ohms load as your subs move in and out the ohm load changes constantly - but at some point of the stroke the ohm load is what it is at rest.

wiring to .35 ohm means at some points of cone travel the amp will actually see .35 ohms load and it probably wont like that for longer than 30 seconds lol.

some guys wire that low to do burps for a 5 or 10 second max play of a certan hz tone while trying to chase numbers on a meter - but for listning to songs that are minutes long or better its just not safe or logical to wire an amp lower than .5 on realley good electrical.... medium good electrical = 1 ohm load resting is better.

how important is this amp to you ? would you risk blowing it up ? wiring lower than .5 will give you a good chance at doing just that.

Well the coils are .7 each. Only option is to wire at 1ohm at the moment. I might just order some re cones then and make it dual 2 which from fi are 1.4 each and wire to a half ohm. Just didn't expect that much rise out of it.
Wire the amp to .35 it will rise closer to 1

your saz3500 is going to live a great life at .7 ohms load for daily bumping.if your hooking up the car with : high out put alternator 250amp or better - and a few hundred amp hours worth of reserve agm battery

only then will your amp work properly at .5 ohm for daily and even then its on the border line of you need to know what the heck your doing at .5 ohms load as your subs move in and out the ohm load changes constantly - but at some point of the stroke the ohm load is what it is at rest.

wiring to .35 ohm means at some points of cone travel the amp will actually see .35 ohms load and it probably wont like that for longer than 30 seconds lol.

some guys wire that low to do burps for a 5 or 10 second max play of a certan hz tone while trying to chase numbers on a meter - but for listning to songs that are minutes long or better its just not safe or logical to wire an amp lower than .5 on realley good electrical.... medium good electrical = 1 ohm load resting is better.

how important is this amp to you ? would you risk blowing it up ? wiring lower than .5 will give you a good chance at doing just that.
Ive had my aq3500 wired at .25 daily several times for long periods of time during daily listening ..i kno ppl that run dd and saz amps at .35 daily all the time

So best bet is get two d2 which in reality are 1.4 ohm from fi. And drop that down to a .35 load?

The amount of rise I'm getting though is 1.6 ohm.

I didnt even read you had two subs :/.
If you want to attempt it i would highly watch your ohm load before turning it up and smoking the amp.

You have to find out if you get box rise on certain frequency ranges or if its flat
I apologize I should've put that into the beginning. I will run a series of tests tomorrow.

Given it will have the proper power. Already have a 280 amp alt dedicated to the mono amp. Plus a batt dedicated to it. And about to order another d31 for it

Lol, you'll never get the amp out of protect wiring to .175. Don't do that.
Wire to .7 with what you have, don't worry about rise, especially on music.
It took til the end of page 2 to come up with the correct answer. This board has really gone down the toilet.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.