Amp choices for Diamond?

korndawg
10+ year member

IA
Hello all, I was thinking of getting an Alpine MRV-T420 to power my Diamond Hex S600a's. What do you all think of this amp. Is there a better alternative in the ~$300 range? I am going for sound quality and i heard these were clean amps. Thanks!!

I am currently running my s500a components off a PPI PC2100 (the black ones) and they sound great, after much needed tweeking with headunit. I have been considering a PG Tantrum 500.2, to match my PG Tantrum 1200.1.

So 100x2 is plenty for these speakers? I heard these amps are underrated. If so, by how much? I was maybe gonna add some mids later also, but not sure so I want to make sure i got enuff power.

Both amps are very under rated, i can't say how much watts it gets but i've listened to my friends zapco refs and they really sound clean & powerful. Arc are also has amazing sq, but if more power for those Hex sets get 150 x 2 4 ohms rms. The PG Ti 600.2 are on sale at sound domain and they are the top of the line amps but

it's $80 more.

http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/PHOTI6002

All i can say is that you will be good with any of them in sq, but you have to pay more if you want power. I've read somewhere one guy is giving them 200 rms. Those comps really wants lots of power.

Do some more research and ask around what amps they use on their Hex sets.

Here's a link of DA Hex reviews:

http://www.carreview.com/Speakers/MB+Quart+DISCUS+DSD+213+Component+/PRD_53473_1805crx.aspx

I love my DA Hex's more and more each day. I continue to hear them reproduce sounds that my old MB Quart Q series never could. They have a great mid bass driver, especially in my case with a 5 1/4 mid. I am going to be adding more power to them shortly though, they are begging for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.