Amp and Subwoofer Ohm

Participant count
  • Participant list

GenY

CarAudio.com Recruit
USA
Hello, everyone.

I recently bought the MTX Terminators 12 ( 1000 watt) vented enclourse and also bought the MTX Thunder 1000.1 AMP. What Im wondering is there anyway without burning out my speakers to get the full 1000 watts from AMP to subs? The sub enclosure is wired to 2 Ohms with one output in back and dont think it can be wired to 1 Ohm. The AMP is rated 1000 watts at 1 Ohm and 600 watts at 2 Ohm. Would there be a big difference in bass going from 600 to 1000? Thanks for any answers.

MTX Terminators 12 ( 1000 watt) vented enclourse
I believe those subs are single 4ohm each. Best bet is to change subs or amp. As for a noticable difference in output, no. I have noticed that 600 to 1000 watts rns sound pretty much the same. At high volume the is a minute difference that imo pretty much does nothing to write home about.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.