Amp “power” light stays on

Participant count
  • Participant list

TCW

CarAudio.com Newbie
I just installed a Sundown Audio SAE 2000d in my car today.. Have the power, ground, and remote wire hooked up. Only the green “power” light on top of the amp stays on. When I put the keys in the ignition and start the car, I hear the amp click (I guess meaning it has power). But when I turn the car off, I hear that same click (I guess meaning that it’s off). Why does that green power light stay on?

Without a manual to refer to, im guessing you hooked up the remote wire to a constant power source. Did you read the manual?

is the remote wire connected to the remote out of the head unit? Any strands of wire loose? Hows the wiring in the back of the head unit, is the remote wire loose and touching with the head unit constant wire?   With the head unit off, buy an male to male aux to RCA adapter and plug it into your phone then play music directly, if its playing, the amp is not off and it could be any of the previous issues I listed or a factory defect,  If you do the test not playing then the amp is off and there's just some issues with the LED.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.