American bass xr or xfl

Participant count
  • Participant list
If you want hawk 10’s, I know a local guy who has two barely used. He blew 2 of them up and when I told him a rebuild with mods could take up to 4 weeks, he was so impatient he bought two new ones so he wouldn’t be without bass 😂. Meanwhile I finished his in 2 weeks 😂.

4- VFL8's on a Sundown SIA3500 in my truck. They can handle the power, get low, and do numbers. The 10's are 800 rms but I know that they can easily handle 1,200-1,500 watts.

View attachment 35406
Yes. I have seen your build and some of your test scores you posted. I do not doubt that the subs perform well. All my A.B. subs do very well. I dont remember the VFL series in the 10inch made in a DVC2 or 1 ohm version, just the DVC4s though.

If you want hawk 10’s, I know a local guy who has two barely used. He blew 2 of them up and when I told him a rebuild with mods could take up to 4 weeks, he was so impatient he bought two new ones so he wouldn’t be without bass 😂. Meanwhile I finished his in 2 weeks 😂. Below is the rebuilds, I was able to add a ton of xmax on these things. Not sure if the video will work.
Mean looking sub man. What Recone kit did you use? Kind of looks like a PSI recone kit??

Wht size box would one like?
The one you built posting this thread should do great!! Just put another Baffle on it and do the proper cut out for the 10XFL sub.You could go up to 2.0 Cuft tuned to like 30 htz even?? I have an enclosure of 4.0 tuned to 32htz that a pair will and should slamm just fine in.

The one you built posting this thread should do great!! Just put another Baffle on it and do the proper cut out for the 10XFL sub.You could go up to 2.0 Cuft tuned to like 30 htz even?? I have an enclosure of 4.0 tuned to 32htz that a pair will and should slamm just fine in.
2 cubes for a 10”?
My box is 1.5@32hz. And my baffle is already a double baffle. That should be sufficient right?
Correction, I’m just saw that this was regarding dj sub.

Mean looking sub man. What Recone kit did you use? Kind of looks like a PSI recone kit??

custom Recones by me. Precision econo wind D1 coils made to my specs, cones made to specs, spiders made to specs etc.Those dust caps are from China (not expensive but decent quality). The high gloss ones I have made here and when I do flat carbon fiber cone covers, they start life as dragon plate 12x12 high gloss sheets and are water jet cut to exact sizes. I’m currently doing HD 15’s with custom D1 3.5” coils from precision econo wind. These will be nasty when I’m done with them! If you guys are interested in seeing them the coils should be here in about a week so won’t be long to finish them.

An XFL 10 would be Ideal for that enclosure, and do very well on that power all day long. It should dig down deep and get nasty for you if you want and can do very well with lower listening volumes. Its a great sub. The XRs that I put in one my nephews Silverado(pair 10s) sound very nice and clean, but will bottom out quickly on some lower notes. Still a great sub.But Im always throwing XFLs in just about anything. They never seem to disappoint. Just my 0.2 cents
As far as power, would a 1500 watts amp be sufficient or should I just go ahead and get a 2000 watt? I have an agm battery, big 3 with ofc wire , replaced my factory 95 amp alternator with a 200 amp alternator,and will be replacing my current cca wire with ofc. (From battery to amp). And I did find a dual 2 ohm xfl on eBay that I bought purchased yesterday.

As far as power, would a 1500 watts amp be sufficient or should I just go ahead and get a 2000 watt? I have an agm battery, big 3 with ofc wire , replaced my factory 95 amp alternator with a 200 amp alternator,and will be replacing my current cca wire with ofc. (From battery to amp). And I did find a dual 2 ohm xfl on eBay that I bought purchased yesterday.

I’d go for the 2k for the extra headroom just be careful, know the limits, and don’t clip the snot out of it. Almost every time we all grab an amp and down the line we wish we went bigger due to setup changes 😂.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...