American bass xr or xfl

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ridinhi
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
So, I built a box for a Stereo Integrity sql 12. Box is 1.5@32hz I believe. Called nick and after a chat I believe this box will not match well with that sub. Buck did suggest I tune lower but , it’s done now. Anyways, I have a Ct Sounds Tropo xl 12” sub that states 1.5 cubes per their website. After further searching, seems to be inaccurate to me. How can the 10” and 12” need the same airspace? Hmmm. Anyways. I’m thinking of just putting another baffle on the box I built to accommodate a 10”. I’m looking at the American bass xr or xfl 10”.
anyone with input on the different models?
Amp will be either 1500-2000 watts.

Last edited:
So, I built a box for a Stereo Integrity sql 12. Box is 1.5@34 hz I believe. Called nick and after a chat I believe this box will not match well with that sub. Buck did suggest I tune lower but , it’s done now. Anyways, I have a Ct Sounds Tropo xl 12” sub that states 1.5 cubes per their website. After further searching, seems to be inaccurate to me. How can the 10” and 12” need the same airspace? Hmmm. Anyways. I’m thinking of just putting another baffle on the box I built to accommodate a 10”. I’m looking at the American bass xr or xfl 10”.
anyone with input on the different models?
Amp will be either 1500-2000 watts.
An XFL 10 would be Ideal for that enclosure, and do very well on that power all day long. It should dig down deep and get nasty for you if you want and can do very well with lower listening volumes. Its a great sub. The XRs that I put in one my nephews Silverado(pair 10s) sound very nice and clean, but will bottom out quickly on some lower notes. Still a great sub.But Im always throwing XFLs in just about anything. They never seem to disappoint. Just my 0.2 cents

Cool. Think imma try the xfl
Give the sub about two weeks to loosen up and retune. You will notice when it loosens up,LOL. If you dont like the sub and want to Sale it, let me know, Ill deff pick it up from you. No matter what ohm value you choose DVC2, or 4, Ill run it, LOL

Give the sub about two weeks to loosen up and retune. You will notice when it loosens up,LOL. If you dont like the sub and want to Sale it, let me know, Ill deff pick it up from you. No matter what ohm value you choose DVC2, or 4, Ill run it, LOL
Seems I can’t find any available. You could have sworn I saw some on bigjeff website but now says out of stock. eBay has one dual 2 ohm bit not sure if it’s old or new version. They have a pic posted of both models.

Seems I can’t find any available. You could have sworn I saw some on bigjeff website but now says out of stock. eBay has one dual 2 ohm bit not sure if it’s old or new version. They have a pic posted of both models.
Its prob going be the new model. I had wanted one of the older models of a 12 that had a pic of that and was sent the newer version. I have both models, I perfer the older version, thats if you can find one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...