American bass xfl 12

Participant count
  • Participants list
i seen that amp on SMD dynod, does very well. powerful enough to push 2 of those subs.

Ive personally never ran that sub, but it seems that all good 12's fall in the range of 1.75 cu ft - 2.25cu ft.

the tuning vs power applied is also going to effect box size.

Tuning is going to depend on what you listen to. rock/metal? rap/djslowfets? etc..

ok then, as jerm said above, id tune low. 32hz. itll help keep woofer control on very low hz songs.

my current setup is 2 sa-12s tuned to 33hz. the song rack city from DJslowfets seems to make my subs angry.. have to turn down the gain..(bass knob 1/4 turn)

i have a 3rd sa 12 now, and new box plans for 29hz

id go big on the port(16" square inch per cube net) as ive read youll run into trouble sooner with too small vs too big. So 2.5 cu ft would be 40sq in of cross sectional area

Thanks guys I'll take all this into consideration will post finished product middle of next week... But one last question I bought one already and have the opportunity to buy three more for 300 is that a good deal

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.