american bass tnt vs ellite

Participant count
  • Participants list

Vogey84

CarAudio.com Recruit
mn
ive got a fairly large ported box built for 4 15s 2 layers 3/4'' all sides with 4 layer baffle 44x48x25.5 with 41x5x24 center port that comes out 4.5'' with port, sub, bracimg i figure im at roughly 18ft having never actually built a system of this caliber b4 i didnt know what i wanted. so i figured tune low biuld big and figure it out hands on. i currently have a dbcomp5 and 10 15s on hand ranging from $40 pyles a powerbass svc 3 empire alum cone 2 punishers a ddx and ab elite haven't tried the punishers yet not expecting, much either my question is how do the tnts compare to the elites? witch gets lower? is either submore suited for ported? how bout power handling or sq? o ne of the loudest systems ive ever experienced was a pair of tnt 12s in a ext cab f150 with a rockford 800 pushin each. i like that the tnt has bigger mag, cast basket and slightly cheaper. gonna be picking up a md12k or bass 15k so would either sub survive?

The Elites have a bigger magnet. Tnt's have 130oz magnet vs 150 in the Elites at least on the 12" version. Also there is a new version of the Elites coming out soon. Right now American Bass subwoofers are hard to get as they have been hit hard with covid and getting stock in. I run the Tnt's and I would take the Elites over the Tnt's all day long. And the XFL's have a 200oz magnet. Overall their subs are decent quality but you can also look at other subwoofers in that price range and might even find something cheaper with specifications that are close.

thats good to know everything i seen online said the tnts had 200 oz mag. i do really like the 1 elite i have, the only thing i dont like is the stamped basket, weather or not it actually effects the performance i have no idea, def effects the looks lol. think 4 would
sound good in a 18ft box tuned to 28?

How do you like the comp5? I’ve got one sitting in my closet that’s gonna be powering my xfl’s once I get everything I need. havent had a chance to try it out, It did exceptionally well on the dyno which was nice to see The gamble may have paid off.

had a real hobo set up in my suburban b4 i got navi half a dozen various 15s all inthem single ported 15boxes on ebay everythingworked out be a hair over 2 ohm static and it hit like a freight train had 3 group 31s in back with 2 runs of 4g up front and a 250a alt it actuallly broke my tailgate off (granted ithere was rust , but notall that much) didnt have the amp in my possession for 15 min literally b4 the Sherriff was in my yard not dept from sherrif dept but the sherrif, it is quite the beast. puts out the power. fingers crossed it holds up. still debating weather or not to get a 2nd one and strap it or swing for the md12k

when i bought my elite in may it was 135 shipped, theres an audiopipe i wouldnt mind trying but its been outta stock months now. been eyeing up the lowballer as well though if i had 8-900 to drop on subs would be hard to not get ab xrs

Rockville amplifier? Junk...they don't make what they claim. Definitely not a decent amplifier, on the level with Boss amplifiers. This just happened recently with Rockville being sued in court over their amplifiers.

the dB comp4/5 have Korean boards while the rest have Chinese Boards from what I understand and have read on the internet. The Db comp series are the exceptions of the Rockville lineup if you look on YouTube you’ll find a Dyno on the comp5

Still not all that great, they still don't do what they claim in RMS. There is a lawsuit right now involving Rockville Amplifiersright now involving involving RMS boards involving their claim their boards.

Last edited:
Still not all that great, they still don't do what they claim in RMS. There is a lawsuit right now involving Korean korean right now involving involving RMS boards involving their claim their boards.

They actually do over the rated power. I've yet to hook my comp5 up and see how it sounds compared to my taramp, I'll have to wait and see to give a solid review

Still not all that great, they still don't do what they claim in RMS. There is a lawsuit right now involving Rockville Amplifiersright now involving involving RMS boards involving their claim their boards.
I dont get why they get a lawsuit when trash companies like boss, pyle, pyramid, power acoustik, hifonics all get away scott free. They at least have amps that pass the amp dyno. Their subs are trash but i can name a hundred subs that are worse advertised to be far better...

They need to extend that class action to the whole audio community so there's some standardization going on.

The subs were the problem.

No one understands that the only relevant "CEA" ratings are for amps and the CEA 2006 ratings only apply to 4 ohm loads at 1khz with no more than 1% thd. Its a useless data point that is not applicable to 99% of the car audio builds out there.

That being said Rockville deserves to go down in flames over their handling of the W9 and it should pave the rest of the way for litigation regarding inflated ratings with electronics- ie Boss, Pyle, Pyramid etc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.