Alum10q vs L7

DRClaw

Iowa
Right now I have 2 10" (dare I say it) Audiobahn Alum10q subs and a bp1200.1 JBL amp. I know a lot of people hate Audiobahn but I would still appreciate some feedback. They sound good but I want more SPL. They are pretty loud but not forceful enough. I have them in a ported box that is approximately 4.3 ft3 (they are sharing the space) and tuned to around 37hz. Will two 10 L7 in the same box be a lot louder, have more SPL and louder Basically will it be a dramatic enough of a difference to spend the money on them being that I already have subs. Please respond so I didnt type this for nothing. Thanks a lot.

By the way the car is a 1987 camaro.

yes the L7 should be louder b/c they have more surface area and they can take more power the L7 is also more of a SPL driven sub in my mind. I would take the Kicker over the a alum Q's any day.

Jon

Thanks for the replys. The audiobahns are suppose to be able to handle 800 watts but I am doubting they can, especially when each one is getting a little more than 2 ft3 in a ported box. Would 2.15 ft3 for each sub be enough space for the L7s? I better go get ready for work. Thanks.

Thanks for the replys. The audiobahns are suppose to be able to handle 800 watts but I am doubting they can, especially when each one is getting a little more than 2 ft3 in a ported box. Would 2.15 ft3 for each sub be enough space for the L7s? I better go get ready for work. Thanks.
it would get very loud, even with little power but give them about 700 rms and it will be crazy loud :thumbsup

^^^^^^^^^ i meant 600rms not 700rms, didnt see that the speakers were tens, sorry about that
Will the 10s still get "crazy loud"? I would like to get 12s but I dont think I have enough room for 12s. I just dont want to buy them and not notice very much difference between them and the audiobahn alums. If it would be a major difference I would be more then happy to spend the money on them.

the 10L7's mine as well be concidered a 12. They have about 20% more surface area then regular 10s. That is one of the reasons the Solo series from Kicker has been so popular, the 10 mine as well be 12, 12's mine as well be 15 and so on and so on. But still only need the space of a 10. Yeah they will get mad loud assuming you put them in the proper enclosure. They will be very muddy sounding but Very loud

Jon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DRClaw

DRClaw
Iowa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
kickerlivinloud