Alternator noise issue

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
I have a 2010 camaro ss

running a jvc 750bt
a us acoustic Barbara Ann only using the two front channels on the door speakers

sub amp is a ct sounds ct1500.1D

subs are two 10 inch Dayton HO

here is the issue

I am getting zero noise on the 4 channel amplifier or the door speakers so we are good there

I am getting some alternator RPM noise on the sub amp playing throng the subwoofers

the battery on the camaro is in the trunk of the car

I am using stinger 8000 RCA cables from the head unit.

I am using 0 gauge OFC wire going to a distribution fuse block then using 4 gauge ofc wire going from the distribution block to the amplifier

I am also using O gauge wire going to a distribution block direct from the negative post on the battery.

both amps are powered off the same distribution block
both amps are grounded on the same distribution block
both amps are located real close together on an amp rack

What would be the issue with the noise? Why am I getting it only out of the sub amp and not the 4 channel

how would you fix the issue
1. Possible run a second ground wire from the battery negative to somewhere else on the car for An additional ground
2. Ground loop isolator?

I'd try beefing up the ground from the alt/block to the unibody. I'd also beef up the ground from the battery to the unibody. Are you running 0 gauge from the alt+ to battery+? Run a ground from the distro block to the HU ground. If that fails, a ground loop isolator.

I thought about it to see of there was a rca cable issue

The Barbara Ann also has signal rca outputs from it. I will try a jumper rca cable direct from the amp to see it it makes a difference

Thanks for the reply. I will keep posting until I have the issue fixed.

Bobby

that might be the issue

the rca cables are running down the same side the power wire is from the alternator I think

I could also try to relocate the power distribution blocks they are close to the rca cables

there is not a lot of room on the amp rack for both amps and the wiring

So if I disconnect the rca cables and the noise goes away then it is a rca cable issue

if the noise is still playing through the speakers with the RCA disconnected where would you go next? Ground issues?

So if I disconnect the rca cables and the noise goes away then it is a rca cable issue

if the noise is still playing through the speakers with the RCA disconnected where would you go next? Ground issues?

Yes. Sand all of your grounds to bare metal. I think it's the RCA's.

Ran a 14 gauge ofc wire from the battery ground to head unit
pur the rca cables away from power wire

problem fixed

thanks for the help

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...