Altenator Question

68 R/T
10+ year member

Im Putting A System In My Durango And I Was Planning On Using Two Ppi A600 Amplifiers. One To Power My Two Kicker 15 Subs And The Other To Run All My Mids And Highs.i Was Thinking Of Putting In A 130 Amp Altenator And Keeping The Stock Battery For Now.think This Is A Good Idea Or Should I Do Something Better.

Thanks.

Your stock battery should do the trick. I would install everything first and see if you even need a bigger alt. I just installed a concept d-800 and an apline 1,000 watt 5 channel amp in a ford ranger with a stock alt and battery and did not need to upgrade anything.

After you install everything take your truck to a ALT shop and have them test the AMP draw on your system. Turn on everything A/C, lights, and radio and see what you are pulling. Put a big ground (4 ga min) wire on and make sure you do it right. This is a major cause of a lot of problems with systems.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.