Alpine MRX-M100, Why is 1 ohm only at 500W?

It's not that high quality of a amp. It's a great budget amp
Really? I've been told by many people Alpine PDX amps are pretty much the best amps and on Alpine's site they say that the internals of the PDX are in the MRX. I've also read online with 2 people saying that Alpine PDX amps are "the Rolls Royce of amps". Wouldn't that make my MRX the BMW 760i of amps, so to speak?

Really? I've been told by many people Alpine PDX amps are pretty much the best amps and on Alpine's site they say that the internals of the PDX are in the MRX. I've also read online with 2 people saying that Alpine PDX amps are "the Rolls Royce of amps". Wouldn't that make my MRX the BMW 760i of amps, so to speak?
Did you read that on Alpines website? Never heard that in all my years of car audio

That's a new one. They are good but that's about it.

ok so super old forum revive here. hopefully someone is still here to answer my question. I have a mrx-m100 and i have a rough idea of how this works but maybe someone can clear up my thoughts. if i have 2 4ohm subs in series attached to this amp it is 8ohms of impedance the subs are 300w rms will this amplifier that is 600w rms at 4ohms blow my subs? I came across a super good deal and am hoping not to have to replace my amplifier. So from my basic understanding of ohms law with 8ohms a 600w rms at 4 ohms should be 300w rms at 8ohms meaning no it wont blow them but I don't want to hook them up then find out i was wrong by blowing them

ok so super old forum revive here. hopefully someone is still here to answer my question. I have a mrx-m100 and i have a rough idea of how this works but maybe someone can clear up my thoughts. if i have 2 4ohm subs in series attached to this amp it is 8ohms of impedance the subs are 300w rms will this amplifier that is 600w rms at 4ohms blow my subs? I came across a super good deal and am hoping not to have to replace my amplifier. So from my basic understanding of ohms law with 8ohms a 600w rms at 4 ohms should be 300w rms at 8ohms meaning no it wont blow them but I don't want to hook them up then find out i was wrong by blowing them
It shouldn't blow up your amp but will most likely only produce about 300w ....till you can get better subs ...and can wake the amp up at 2 ohm ..when you get ready for a better pair of subs look for single 4 or dual 2 ohm subs ..the amp is regulated by a power reduction so it dont burn itself up at 1 ohm . The lower the ohm load brings the amp closer to a dead short which would be 0 ohms that can never be achieved by good working speakers .

Sigh...

really.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...