Alpine iLX-W650 won't connect to Xiaomi

Participant count
  • Participant list

goggy87

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have an Alpine iLX-W650 touchscreen radio installed in my Suzuki Swift 2016, to which I connect the Xiaomi Redmi 9T via USB, but for some reason, the connection breaks every time.

When I connect Xiaomi, Android Auto and Google Maps start. After a very short time the connection breaks and Alpine shows that nothing is connected (it returns me to the start menu and instead of the Android Auto icon it shows the disabled Connectivity icon). Xiaomi, on the other hand, shows in the notifications that the Android Auto connection has been established.

I tried the following:
-3 different USB-C cables, doesn't help
- I connected another Samsung cell phone to the Alpine and everything works properly
- I connected Xiaomi to another car radio (stock unit for Renault Clio 2019) and everything works fine
- I reset Alpine to factory settings, it doesn't help

I didn't try to reset Xiaomi to factory settings because I don't want to mess with transferring pictures and data.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I also went to an auto electrician, he did not notice any problems with the radio and USB connection.

If you bought it from a legit retail store they may be able to help with that. Otherwise you could contact Alpine directly and see if there's a known workaround.

This has been a thing with Android since forever in that there's just so many devices and there's always something that won't work or won't shake hands nicely even often with extremely common Android devices.

I can say I have one of the Alpine Halo head units in my Jeep and it didn't give me any issues pairing with Pixel phones.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...