Alpine iLX-W650 or Atoto S8 Premium?

JohnKimble

Looking to get an android head unit for my truck. I have a 5 channel precision power trax5 2200D amp collecting dust as well as an old bravox 12" sub. I figured I'd get some components off Amazon. I don't need top of the line, I'm just trying to piece together a cheap system for a beater weekend truck. With that said it would be nice to have a backup camera, and android auto. Been looking around and the Alpine iLX-W650 and Atoto S8 Premium popped up. Both under $400 so I'm wondering if I could get some opinions. The Atoto seems to be hit or miss. Thanks.

The Atoto seems to be hit or miss
Second on that statement. I have heard mixed reviews on Atoto radios. On the one hand, they are loaded with features at a great price. On the other hand, poor sound quality. As a music enthusiast, I tend to favor sound over shiny glimmery things. But the thing is, they now came out with the 10.1 inch screen and I am leering at them. So as you stated, high quality audio is not essential. I would opt for the Atoto, it will look nicer with more options.

Preamp outputs on the atoto are 2v for the speakers and 0.8v for the subwoofer. How drastic would that be? I'm not too familiar with preamp voltages and their effect.

Looking to get an android head unit for my truck. I have a 5 channel precision power trax5 2200D amp collecting dust as well as an old bravox 12" sub. I figured I'd get some components off Amazon. I don't need top of the line, I'm just trying to piece together a cheap system for a beater weekend truck. With that said it would be nice to have a backup camera, and android auto. Been looking around and the Alpine iLX-W650 and Atoto S8 Premium popped up. Both under $400 so I'm wondering if I could get some opinions. The Atoto seems to be hit or miss. Thanks.

I have had an absolutely horrible experience with Atoto head units. I bought the A6 10.1” pro a few years ago and within like 8 months the thing just straight up crapped the bed. One day the screen just went these weird colors and it never functioned again. I contacted Atoto about getting a replacement since it was still under warranty. They refused to give me the identical model I had paid for, they only offered a refurbished “premium “ unit which is a lower grader than their “pro” unit. This was complete ********. So I argued that if you don’t have the same unit, you need to offer an upgraded one, since the S8 had just come I out, I said I would accept a pro version of the 10.1” S8. They 109% refused to do this, even though like 99% of other companies would be able to make that logical step and take care of me. Against my better judgment, I paid an extra $180 to upgrade to the S8 10.1” model, hoping that it would be a lot better and not die on me again. Well, about 10 months later, while still under warranty, the god damn h thing started factory resetting itself out of the blue fire absolutely no reason over than Atoto making absolutely garbage products. They wanted me to send them a video of the problem happening. HOW TF am I supp To catch a video of it resetting itself when it only happens every two weeks or so? They all slow played and slow played and slow played actually Doing anything about it until finally I had enough and stayed I needed a warranty claim on it..wha wha whaaaaaaaa! I’m the loser again. Because they had stalled me last the 12 month warranty window , they refused to honor the warranty even though I had been in contact with them for on the about thr problem. It was an intentional tactic used to skirt their responsibilities of honoring the POS warranty. I told them how I felt about this and the “customer service agent “ told me “ we have the same warranty period as Apple.” Wtf? So I said sure, yuu out in paper do, but you don’t honor it. And I’ve owned at least 20 apple products over the last 30 years and do you know how many times I’ve had to make a warranty claim on them?! Exactly ZERO TIMES. AND GIW MANYWARRANTY CLAIMS on the two Atoto products have I had to file a warranty claim? TWO OUT OF TWO ! Screw Atoto. Stay as far away as possible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...