Alpine ilx f309e - back up camera glitch

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jodnob

CarAudio.com Newbie
Can anyone provide some direction? I am in the process of fitting this band new unit and cannot get the back up camera to automatically respond from the head unit screen as It’s meant to. I Have power to the camera and it works; as per a bypass check ; the back up wire has voltage when engaged. And. while driving the screen flashes between a blank /black Camera view and radio screen. I have checked earths, upgraded firmware all to no avail

Do you have the camera power wire connected to the back up light wire? You can connect it at the back-up switch in your shift console or at the actual back-up light as well. You can ground it on your chassis, and the video signal wire should be going to the proper input on your head unit. The camera should only work when you are in reverse gear. Some head unit requires you to go into your setting to get the back-up camera settings correct. Refer to your head unit installation manual.

Thx for ur reply. I have the camera wire hooked up to the stereo harness backup wire (purple). It is intermittent in that it sometimes works. Although what is odd, is that if and when the RV camera engages and I then take the car out of reverse, the screen will slowly and continuously scroll between a blank camera screen and radio screen while the radio for example continues to play in the background . The head unit Also does a similar thing when you change the backup function within the stereo menu to allow the camera to fire up and operate while stereo power is off. ????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.