Alfa Romeo Giulietta(2013) in dash head unit

Participant count
  • Participants list

erezger

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everybody

I want to install in dash head units for my Alfa Romeo Giulietta

The thing is that i cant find this kind of head units (all i have now its in dash storage unit that i want to replace)
I want android or at least something can connect to android auto
I was researching but i couldn't find
So i come her for the experts
Anybody know where i can find this??

Is it Possible to buy something that compatible for other cars (Mazda, BMW) and fix it to fit in the place? Or buying just the dash parts and install any universal android system?

There is any universal android system like this?
If it can be folding that's even better

I am from Israel so worldwide shipping also needed

Thanks for the helpers
Best regards

Attachments

• 1593443404144.png
    1593443404144.png
    241.3 KB · Views: 940
That's going to be quite the project. A lot of features will run through that unit and the chance of requiring a permanent modification is high if you want to maintain all of them.

For starters you're likely going to want to get a dash conversion kit if you want an embedded model, I don't think that exists so your display will be out of reach on most head unit models. You're probably better off using a mobile detachable unit and just embedding it under the dash and using the display completely separate from what's already there, just bypassing the unit and borrowing the speaker leads and splicing from the harness everything else you need. You'd be doing most of it custom on your own still if you want it to not mod the car permanently. If you're not comfortable modifying plugs, soldering, heat shrinking, and splicing this is a project best left up to a pro shop who works with rare cars.

Usually for car specific advice the best resources are the forums based on that car, in your case this site:

https://www.giuliaforums.com/forums/

Everyone there is just talking about performance mods if they're doing anything aftermarket to the car. That's one of the prime disadvantages to having a car almost nobody else does. Still, if you post there you might strike gold or get the name of a shop willing to do it and emails can commence about the steps required. They might even sell and ship you a harness if you're paying well. I've seen some rare cars in projects on this forum but not that one yet. Just make sure you know what you're getting into, this isn't a job for someone who's got only a few hours to devote to it even with the best instructions.

Hello
First thanks for the reply

I guess you are right about that its just so interesting me to do it by myself but i guess its a job for professionals. (and i guess it will 3 times price and not sure it worth it)
I saw this video and was thinking if its possible to do the same just with android multimedia.

But i guess i will just go for the android head units that fit instead of the car radio stereo.
Any recommendation for android multimedia system?
Joying will be good?

Btw do you think that even upgrade my audio system better ask at the the alfa owner forums? (mine is Giulietta and not Giulia (; )

Hello
First thanks for the reply

I guess you are right about that its just so interesting me to do it by myself but i guess its a job for professionals. (and i guess it will 3 times price and not sure it worth it)
I saw this video and was thinking if its possible to do the same just with android multimedia.

But i guess i will just go for the android head units that fit instead of the car radio stereo.
Any recommendation for android multimedia system?
Joying will be good?

Btw do you think that even upgrade my audio system better ask at the the alfa owner forums? (mine is Giulietta and not Giulia (; )

Interesting video. Obviously it is possible to do quite a bit with it, although you're getting into niche territory for sure. It'll be easy to get lost or make a bad mistake if you don't have the preservation of the original car in mind for the whole project. Finding something that works with that kit, perhap a mobile unit would fit there and you could put the original either under the dash or find a conversion kit that specifically mentions that car and all of your features. I just don't think there's much of a market for it unless it's a programmable conversion where they can afford to make the code but not the dedicated hardware for it.

There's a general consensus that cheap chinesium android units have bad audio quality, so unless you get one from a good brand like you'd find on Crutchfield it's likely to cause more trouble than its worth in that car. https://www.crutchfield.com/g_462450/Android-Auto-Compatible-Car-Stereos.html?tp=72381 Any of those will likely offer better sound quality than the OEM one (minus the Boss ones, stay clear of those). The more troublesome part will be finding one that has enough features to warrant replacing the default one and also is able to be installed in the unusual location. Not necessarily saying to buy from Crutchfield since their prices aren't the best, but they're pretty particular about the products they carry for the most part. They might also have someone on staff who's worked on that car since they offer installation kits. Could be worth using their chat feature. They're not like top notch pros, but they're way more knowledgeable in my opinion than most chain retail installers since they field questions all day.

My bad about the wrong forum.

Well i was trying to look for it desperately and i understood it will be very expensive and very dangerous to it by myself.

So i will just replace the original with universal android that will fit in (it will be much easier and i can do it by myself).
Not that i care about the money for the installation its just i like do it by myself.

I will deferentially look at the Crutchfield for good system, but i cant find my brands over there lol.

Thanks for your help

My next project will be replacing my wife audio system and i guess it will be much easier since its Mazda 3 2008.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.