Agreement & Build for local in Standish, ME

Participant count
  • Participants list

Kangaroux
5,000+ posts

I put on
Maine
This thread is simply for documentation purposes just to make sure if anything goes wrong that we have everything written down. I ask that you please do not post in this thread.

I'll be doing a box build for a local by the name of Shane. He is purchasing a box for his Massive CW15. The box specs will be ~3.2 cubes @ 38hz, assembled with a birch/cabinet ply and then wrapped in black carpet.

The total for this box is $115, with materials estimated to be around $65 and labor of $50. Shane has agreed to meet up with me and pay the $65 up front to pay for the materials, and he will give me the remaining $50 once the box is done. We have scheduled to exchange the $65 on Saturday the 14th at 10:00 AM.

I'll also be snapping pictures of the progress on this box so Shane can see the quality of the build as it progresses. Once the box is done, we will arrange a time to exchange the box and the remaining $50.

Met up with Shane today (04/14/12) at around 9:55 AM to exchange the $65 for materials. I'm going to pick up the wood this weekend and get it cut on Monday as well as start the assembly then. I'm going to order the carpet today as well.

I know this thread is gonna be more or less just a build thread so yeah It's not in the right section BUT....deal with it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

Got the wood cut (finally after a family dispute I was able to use the tablesaw... meh)

Pg6rO.jpg

I know this thread is gonna be more or less just a build thread so yeah It's not in the right section BUT....deal with it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif
Got the wood cut (finally after a family dispute I was able to use the tablesaw... meh) QUOTE]

Seems like with the Jew Fro and your sweet *** you could have sweet talked a fat chick with small ti-ts into a couple dollars with some smooth talk. Instant table saw money

Got the wood cut (finally after a family dispute I was able to use the tablesaw... meh) QUOTE]

Seems like with the Jew Fro and your sweet *** you could have sweet talked a fat chick with small ti-ts into a couple dollars with some smooth talk. Instant table saw money
Fat chick with small ****? Never heard of such a thing lol

Nice to see the family issue was resolved lol.
Ended up doing the curtain idea I had and it works GREAT (I wanted to test it out so I filled a glass of water and put it next to the saw. After I was done cutting I checked the glass -- crystal clear //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif)

Got the box done

mzHZR.jpg

I like to do full beauty panels on the front to cover up all of the sides and also give the baffle some more strength for when the box isn't very high.

8Jjar.jpg

Spray painted

cijdt.jpg

And finally all assembled

xsyFO.jpg

Gonna carpet it tomorrow morning and hopefully get it out to Shane.

Got the box done

mzHZR.jpg

I like to do full beauty panels on the front to cover up all of the sides and also give the baffle some more strength for when the box isn't very high.

8Jjar.jpg

Spray painted

cijdt.jpg

And finally all assembled

xsyFO.jpg

Gonna carpet it tomorrow morning and hopefully get it out to Shane.

Build is finished and Shane got his box last night. I'll get some pics up later of it all carpetted

Not bad man nice box, and I see what you mean about the "beauty baffle." I havn't done many like that but it seems decent, not sure how it makes much a difference from the traditional method especially if you carpet it.

Not bad man nice box, and I see what you mean about the "beauty baffle." I havn't done many like that but it seems decent, not sure how it makes much a difference from the traditional method especially if you carpet it.
It adds a lot of extra strength especially when the height of the box is limited. If you did a traditional baffle some of the screws would go into the joint and cause possible splitting. With a full baffle piece you eliminate that joint

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...