Aftermarket head unit and factory amp (Hyundai - Monsoon audio)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lowkey
10+ year member

I have a 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe with Monsoon audio. I installed an aftermarket head unit using the harness specifically for my Santa Fe w/Monsoon audio.

I had to connect the blue wire in the harness to my receiver in order to get audio so I know that Monsoon amp has to be on. Am I running off the Monsoon amps power or the head units? Both?

The blue wire only tells the amp to turn on. Amplifier power comes directly off the battery.

I understand, I only mentioned the blue wire because it proves the factory amp has to be on in order to get audio. So both the head unit amp and factory amp are on. So my question is which one is powering the speakers? Also what are the negatives to running it this way? etc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.