aeroport flare questions?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pnshr13

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have done the calculations about a dozen times to make sure my box is as good as it can be. After taking away port displacement and woofer displacement, I should be right at 4 cubes give or take a .01 or .02...My question is I am using 2 4" Precision sound ports,a nd after calculations determined they need to be 13" each to tune to 33hz...My question is what is your thought on using the inside flare? I have heard some people use them and some that dont, but cant tell why they would or would not. any ideas or thoughts would be great. Just want opinions before I cut the center piece .

The only reason you wouldn't use the inner flare is because you're lazy or it won't fit. The air enters and exits the port on both sides, basics physics says that you'd lose efficiency by only using one flare.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.