Advice needed please-Alpine set up.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Clint 008

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all,
I'l try and keep this short n sweet as you've probably seen that same Qn alot.

I have just installed a set of 6x9 Alpine RS69.2 in the rear.
I have them hooked up to a basic Sony 55wx2 head unit. It was running through a 400watt Axis amp but it sounded like crap so I just have the spkrs running off the head unit at the moment-it still sounds really average.

The guy at the stereo shop said that the speakers would sound pretty good on their own but they don't.

Before I go spending any more cash I am wondering if a R-A60F Alpine amp would improve things? Or a S-S32F Alpine amp?or Db drive NEO M4 4 channel Amp...

I'm also thinking of putting 2 x RS65.2 Alpines in the front, however the head unit only has 2 x RCA outputs for the rears-anyway around this?

Are there any tips for wiring up the Amp or is it as simple as 2 x RCAs in and 4 x speakers out?

Any assistance would be appreciated before I spend some more dollars. I'm just after a reasonable sound, nothing massive.

Thanks in advance. Clint. Australia.

Hi all,
I'l try and keep this short n sweet as you've probably seen that same Qn alot.

I have just installed a set of 6x9 Alpine RS69.2 in the rear.
I have them hooked up to a basic Sony 55wx2 head unit. It was running through a 400watt Axis amp but it sounded like crap so I just have the spkrs running off the head unit at the moment-it still sounds really average.

The guy at the stereo shop said that the speakers would sound pretty good on their own but they don't.

Before I go spending any more cash I am wondering if a R-A60F Alpine amp would improve things? Or a S-S32F Alpine amp?or Db drive NEO M4 4 channel Amp...

I'm also thinking of putting 2 x RS65.2 Alpines in the front, however the head unit only has 2 x RCA outputs for the rears-anyway around this?

Are there any tips for wiring up the Amp or is it as simple as 2 x RCAs in and 4 x speakers out?

Any assistance would be appreciated before I spend some more dollars. I'm just after a reasonable sound, nothing massive.

Thanks in advance. Clint. Australia.
So your headunit has 2 preouts and is 2x55 internally amped

1. That 2x55 is probably 2-20 rms or lower.
2. Check the voltage on the preouts of the deck...they should be 2v or higher. Check the voltage out your amp too

what’s the model of your headunit? Amplifying the rear channels and not the front isn’t a good idea. If your voltage out the deck preouts and the amp is good you could run rca y splitters off the headunit and do a set of coaxials in the front and back. Otherwise put a comp set up front on your amp in bridged mode and skip rear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.