Adjustable passive radiator series tuned 6th order.

That is a lot more than wood filler. I cut closer than that with a skil saw. This was my first box. A skil saw, jig saw, router, and brad nails. Zero screws. The whole backseat. Box design by @shredder2. A single HD15. It banged. I owe it to Shredder for the box design. 65' VW Beetle with a backseat delete. The whole thing was done with zero screws or clamps.

View attachment 41753
As long as there are no air leaks and it sounds good, I’m satisfied. In the end, once I cover/paint the box, it’s good enough for me!

I remember paying ~$20/sheet for wood.
Me too. At this point I’m scouring Craigslist for cheap wood. We had a cool spot in Denver that sold reclaimed windows, doors, plywood, hardware, etc. I used to go there all the time and clean them out. 10$ sheets of MDF and 15$ for hardwood ply. Usually in rough shape, but just hack off the bad parts and use that for bracing. We have nothing like that her, unfortunately.

Me too. At this point I’m scouring Craigslist for cheap wood. We had a cool spot in Denver that sold reclaimed windows, doors, plywood, hardware, etc. I used to go there all the time and clean them out. 10$ sheets of MDF and 15$ for hardwood ply. Usually in rough shape, but just hack off the bad parts and use that for bracing. We have nothing like that her, unfortunately.
Good idea, think I may try and look around here for some deals like that.

I got 4 sheets of 3/4 maple off Craigslist for 45$ a few weeks ago. A cabinet maker closed his business. Someone got there before me and bought a whole flatbed pickup full or there would’ve been more.
Just contacted this guy. He has 20 Sheetz. He said someone is suppose to but all of them today but if not, I’ll get a couple of Sheetz.
A0DD9E8A-2B94-4236-8CAB-064B024AB236.png

I hate living in central Florida. Can't get good quality ply unless you buy a bulk order, and none of the shops want to sell it for less than the "retail" $120 a sheet.

******* criminals...

Matt

I hate living in central Florida. Can't get good quality ply unless you buy a bulk order, and none of the shops want to sell it for less than the "retail" $120 a sheet.

******* criminals...

Matt
$120😳. Ridiculous. Pricing on everything is getting out of hand. I bought a wooden dowel for bracing and it was ~$6 now, used to be under $3

$120😳. Ridiculous. Pricing on everything is getting out of hand. I bought a wooden dowel for bracing and it was ~$6 now, used to be under $3

Yep, I want 3 sheets of 3/4 or 7/8 hardwood ply. Only one good side needed. I was quoted 80/sheet for 14ply Birch but I had to order 20 sheets... I'm about to just use sanded ply and paint the ***** black.

Matt

Yep, I want 3 sheets of 3/4 or 7/8 hardwood ply. Only one good side needed. I was quoted 80/sheet for 14ply Birch but I had to order 20 sheets... I'm about to just use sanded ply and paint the ***** black.

Matt
Is the birch 5 X 5 sheets or 4 X 8? It’s 125$ per sheet here for a 5x5 of Baltic birch. I stopped using it.

I'm in the Mile High City too - Go Broncos!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...