Adire audio xbl^2 worth it any experience with brahmas?

Kybasshead75

CarAudio.com Exclusive
Ky
I have not heard them so I can't make a decision, but willing to pay for something that sounds good. The bl figures look a little underwhelming to me but ppl rave about the xbl motors.
Thinking about running two of the Brahma 12s on 2,000 Watts just doesn't seem like a lot of juice to me but they say the motors need less power to get loud.

a cheaper alternative. This one's actually more beefy than the brahma, about 12lbs heavier. More moving mass so slightly less efficient but digs deeper. Same xmax as the brahma.

I believe xbl^2 motors sacrifice efficiency rather than taking less power to get loud.

Huffmans iron law says you get to choose only 2 out of the 3 and the last will suffer.

1. Small box
2. High efficiency
3. Low frequency extension.

I believe xbl^2 motors sacrifice efficiency rather than taking less power to get loud.

Huffmans iron law says you get to choose only 2 out of the 3 and the last will suffer.

1. Small box
2. High efficiency
3. Low frequency extension.
That's the impression I got after looking at their parameters, honestly I think I'd be happier with something louder

the low end of the brahma is hard to describe....im considering moving mine to my home theater room and getting an Fi Q....i like a little mud on my low end for presence....the brahma hardly takes anything to get it moving, i had roughly only 300rms on it at one time and it was movin' and hitting those 30ish hz tones so smooothly, i dunno hard to describe, it just gets louder but keeps that smooth deep tone......overall is it worth the money, my opinion....no, FYI they have no problem hitting upper bass frequencies

Last edited:
I’m not saying they aren’t good in the upper frequencies but they may not perform as well in the upper range compared to other subs you may have experience with.

a cheaper alternative. This one's actually more beefy than the brahma, about 12lbs heavier. More moving mass so slightly less efficient but digs deeper. Same xmax as the brahma.
I just got this sub in the 10” version. Impulsive buying 🤦🏽‍♂️. Brand new but really have no use for it. If I was to keep it. Anyone have any opinion on what size box to house this thing in?

the low end of the brahma is hard to describe....im considering moving mine to my home theater room and getting an Fi Q....i like a little mud on my low end for presence....the brahma hardly takes anything to get it moving, i had roughly only 300rms on it at one time and it was movin' and hitting those 30ish hz tones so smooothly, i dunno hard to describe, it just gets louder but keeps that smooth deep tone......overall is it worth the money, my opinion....no, FYI they have no problem hitting upper bass frequencies
Sounds like two of the 12s would do well on music. Hmmm

The bl figures look a little underwhelming to me but ppl rave about the xbl motors.
Split gap and split coil designs trade some efficiency for linearity and low distortion. There's a guy local who owns some original Brahmas and has used them in a few boxes and 4th order wall. All of his builds with them have sounded fantastic. If you're looking for a 1000W sub that'll sound really good Brahma is a top choice.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.