Abnormal Subwoofer Problem

You're right, I mixed up the mid bass and sub bass. I'm still confused as to how some people put their subs in the backseat or under a seat and will get clean bass while it's right next to them yet when it's in the trunk of my car the rear passengers feel a violent rattle?
Sounds like what you are hearing is mechanical noise, probably the subs bottoming out. Open the trunk and get even closer and it probably sounds even worse. Are all your settings cranked all the way up? Either way you playing it to loud and to hard trying to get more output out of it than it can handle. Turn bass boost down or off, properly set gain, and turn the volume down and it might not sound so bad. The bottom line is simple though, they are crappy subs in a crappy box therefore they are gonna sound crappy. No way around it bro.

Sounds like what you are hearing is mechanical noise, probably the subs bottoming out. Open the trunk and get even closer and it probably sounds even worse. Are all your settings cranked all the way up? Either way you playing it to loud and to hard trying to get more output out of it than it can handle. Turn bass boost down or off, properly set gain, and turn the volume down and it might not sound so bad. The bottom line is simple though, they are crappy subs in a crappy box therefore they are gonna sound crappy. No way around it bro.
You're right, it does sound like it's basically the mechanics of the sub and nothing else audio related, I just don't understand why it's only occurring in the backseat but sounds very good in the front.

You're right, it does sound like it's basically the mechanics of the sub and nothing else audio related, I just don't understand why it's only occurring in the backseat but sounds very good in the front.
In the front your not close enough to hear it. Bass is long waves so it covers it up the further you are away.

Try laying the sub on its back... move it around a bit and test how it is in different locations and or orientations. Bass waves are longer than mids and highs so the further away, the better... for the most part. They aint lyin... it's not the best gear to expect a lot from. Make sure that you are not pinching or crushing any cables or wires when sitting in the back seat... ya never know.
This seemed to help a bit, I laid it on it's back slightly angled upwards towards the trunk and that helped, just going to have to try different positions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.