A little help with my numbers please.

Participant count
  • Participants list

Kickstand
Premium Member

CarAudio.com Veteran
So I'm at the point in my install where all my wires are run and amp rack is built so its time time to put everything in.
This was my first attempt at a box and before I put it in I just want to make about the math because I'm having a problem figuring out internal volume and I'm thinking that might seriously affect my port size. So if I have to scrap it and start over again now the time.
So If I throw some numbers at you guys can you tell me what you come up with?
The sub that's going in the box is a DD 3510 (Dual 2)
If it makes a difference the amp that's running it is a DD M1D
Box size:
H= 12.5"
W=28"
L=18"
Port size (slot port)
H=11"
W=2.75"
L=27"
The whole thing is made with 3/4" MDF except the front wall which is 2 pieces glued together so its 1.5"
The port is on the right side of the box facing forward and the sub is on the left (if your facing the box)
Every corner inside the box has a 3" piece of wood across it to deflect the corners except for the one in the port which is only 2"
So what I'm looking for is internal volume and most important tuning frequency
I know what I have come up with but I'm question it and would like some other opinions
Also I know its a fairly big box for 1 10 but the car is a 2015 Infinity Q50 with a huge trunk so I had the space and figured why not
Is it too big?
Did I tune it wrong?
Give me your honest opinion

I was actually looking to have you design a box for me but your method of payment listed (Zelle) requires you to have an American phone number. Since I'm from Canada this is a problem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.