A girl doing a guys job...help! Amp not working and now stereo too!

MSTBCRZY88
10+ year member

I have a 94 Camaro and recently had a Sony CDX-L250 45Wx4 CD player installed with a American Pro Bass Machine VS1405 Car Audio Amplifier Limited Edition 800 Watt, 2-Channel Mosfet, Bridgeable with built in Crossover (2) Boss 6x9 350watt and a 10"Sub boxed. The system worked fine for about 4 weeks and then one day I started the car and noticed my sub wasn't working both the other speakers were. So, I checked the wiring all was good, green light on for remote, 2 orange lights on inside amp which I am pretty sure it had a light on at all times before when working properly. Checked fuses...good. I even unplugged speaker wires and RCA jacks from amp and turned on car. Amp turned on flashed orange lights couple times then turned steady. I looked over at stereo and it was flashing on and off. So I turned everything off. Disconnected stereo from amp and now stereo still flashes when I tried to play CD. Spit the CD out and wont take it back in. The stupied thing. Just like this spelling checker saying I spelled stupied wrong errr, I give up. Can you help?

You may have better luck trying to power sub off the headunit. Those American Pro amps literally don't look like they have more power than a headunit.

And be sure that you don't have a loose battery terminal or have it wired into the incorrect factory wires.

Lol yes it has begun! Lol

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Thats funny i live in victorville

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Grounds checked all good

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Grounds checked all good
fuuuuuu that. too far.

Yep tell me about it but thats not going to be able to help me and my friend said that i should get them. See if i listen to a gut again regarding stereos! Lol just kidding guys ....smiles

Ill warn you now the last female member ran out of here crying cuz she tried way too hard to be the "bad *** girl that can hang with the guys" and it made everyone dislike her... We are happy to have you of course just dont take anything too serious and have fun

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.