99 lincoln town car remote wire not working

Participant count
  • Participant list

tymarsh84

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 99 lincoln town car that i have installed a new stereo and sub with built in amp. worked great for year or so then got new battery and no power after. traced problem to remote wire, replaced remote wire and got green light to come on for couple seconds then nothing. ive see other guys run remote wire straight to fuse box, is this something i could do instead? what could my problem be? any help would be appreciated.

I would see if your stereo has a reset button on it. If that doesn’t work, you can connect the remote to the fuse box with one of those add a circuit things from a auto parts store ( like $5 ) you’ll just need to find a circuit that goes on and off with the key. So that the amplifier will come on when you start the car, but doesn’t stay on full time.

Put a jumper wire from the remote input on the amp to the 12v input on your amp to make sure that it comes on and stays on just to double check that your amp isn’t the problem. If the amp stays on then run the remote wire to the fuse box and tap into the windshield wipers. You should be good after that.

As stated..A jumper wire from remote to Power on amplifier will be a nice little test to see if the amplifier is working. If it does, I would recommend running a remote wire supply from the Aux section to a lighted Toggle switch and back to the amplifier, so you have control of turning the amplifier on or off. Ive done this many times without any issues using 16and 14 ga wire

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...