8000rms which amp?

I hoped there would be more input in this thread because I'm also in the market. Has nobody tried taramps 8k or hcca 8k or deaf bonce 8k?
How many choices do you really have though? There's not much difference between any of the Far East half bridge 8K boards except perhaps the Incriminator with the smaller footprint, and there's not all that much difference in any of the ones from Brazil or the Chinese knockoffs of any of the former.

If you're going to buy new for MSRP pick a brand that you trust will be around to honor a warranty if something goes wrong.

I hoped there would be more input in this thread because I'm also in the market. Has nobody tried taramps 8k or hcca 8k or deaf bonce 8k?
Have not..Just the Taramps Bass 5k only. That Ruthless looks and performs very nicely for the coin. Hmmand Strapable :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :poop: Just one would get it for me atm. Ive got (4) 2ks one for each12, Be nice not to have to Gain match again. Kind of a PITA. Im just wanting to actually meter this time and hit or break a 150/ I think this Joker would do fine on a Burp @0.50??

Last edited:
How many choices do you really have though? There's not much difference between any of the Far East half bridge 8K boards except perhaps the Incriminator with the smaller footprint, and there's not all that much difference in any of the ones from Brazil or the Chinese knockoffs of any of the former.

If you're going to buy new for MSRP pick a brand that you trust will be around to honor a warranty if something goes wrong.
This is a solid point, most of the better half bridge amps all come from the same plant. I would get the one I thought was "cool" and had a good warranty by a company that will stand behind it.

Ruthless is selling at a few places now because of the popularity of them and tbh can't argue with that. They are a tank come with a 0.5 ohm warranty for one year as well. Rare to see that these days.

Instead of wiring an amplifier up below recommended ( and buying a more expensive amplifier to be able get away with wiring it too low ), why not just go full bridge and buy the next size up? A Soundigital 12k is about $1000. Even with impedance rise you will still be 8k.

Instead of wiring an amplifier up below recommended ( and buying a more expensive amplifier to be able get away with wiring it too low ), why not just go full bridge and buy the next size up? A Soundigital 12k is about $1000. Even with impedance rise you will still be 8k.
I was just looking at that. Seems like a good route

.... that you can buy for an extra 200$ .... if they were even in stock.

Has that company even been around for one year? Why would you even want to run into .5 ohm?

Actually no it includes that 0.5 ohm warranty from SSA and Ruthless. Those amplifiers are the same ones from Korea that others make as well. If the price wasn't so high I would done the 4500.1 for my last purchase but went with the Cab-45 instead because I got it at a good price. Even if it needs repair after the 1 year those are fixable at most amp repair places that do them.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 16-57-29 Ruthless Audio 8500.1.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-25 at 16-57-29 Ruthless Audio 8500.1.png
    46.2 KB · Views: 9
  • ssa.png
    ssa.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 10
Eh no biggie hispls. Yeah for some of those companies they want that extra 200 bucks for that 0.5 ohm warranty. I wouldn't pay it either,lol. One nice thing about my bank and what not they add a 2 year warranty onto any item I buy so even if I ever had an issue with something like that I send it into the place of my choice and they eat the bill on it. Kinda nice and used it once on a tv that was out of OEM warranty but 1 year into that extra and they just paid for a new tv instead.

extra 200 bucks for that 0.5 ohm warranty. I wouldn't pay it either,lol.
I'm more and more leaning away from not messing about with .5 whatsoever. I'm with Dragon Breath on the whole instead of buying a 8K@1 ohm amp from a brand that may not outlast your current pair of work boots and run it down to unsafe impedance for 1300$ when you could own Chinese Soundigital 13K knockoffs (or the Soundigital for a little more) and it'll make 8K into 2 ohm.

There's almost no competition orgs/classes left that give an edge to "cheater" amps, .5 is just really bad for semiconductors, and while I'm not a big "damping factor" cultist, at .5 ohm you're dancing around the area where it may become audible.

I don't run anything down at 0.5 ohm at all. I stick with 1 ohm setups. Even with the Cab-45, the 320 amp alternator from J&S plus the 68ah AGM I have I am shockingly staying between 13.9 and 14.8 all the time even when playing at a decent level. What I need to do now is upgrade the Fi Xv3's to either the Fi X which is 1,500 rms or the custom setup djdillion quoted me which is the way I am leaning considering the power I know they will handle. Tbh can't go wrong with either one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...