8”s vs 10”s in a truck

Participant count
  • Participant list
When you say "Hit Hard" do you mean lots of sub bass or snappy kick drums?

One of the best sounding trucks I have heard had 4 Orion 8's under the back seat facing forward. I was surprised how much bass there was. Best bet would be to remove the back seat, have 3 to 4 10's or 12's facing up for earth moving bass that will most likely drown out your mids and highs but everyone down the block who didn't pay for your system will be able to enjoy it and possibly even remove it from your possession whilst you slept.

OR...... If you are trying to get the most out of the space you have, go with six - 6.5" high excursion subs or four - 8" high excursion subs in some form of ported enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

front doors are subs...fyi Go with AudioControl 6x9 components up front and coaxials in the rear. You will be impressed with just changing to that.
Absolutely. I am always learning and think it's probably impossible to stop learning. I appreciate the advice and don't doubt for a second the...
A lot of guys say I'm going low-end on cost but I see a lot of guys recommending just as cheap or cheaper products. Like MESO-6-5-3WAY-COM //...
Then I would get the dual 4 ohm subwoofers and wire it to 1 ohm like in the link below. Those subwoofers are 500 watts rms so running them at 1...
ok i get it dodge ram and full strip inside for second skin . power is run down drivers side and speaker wire is run down passanger side thank you

About this thread

brayball25

CarAudio.com Newbie
brayball25
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Boomin_tahoe