6x9 components that come close to an underseat sub?

bronx

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2006 4runner, just installed an Alpine ILX-W650 and want to upgrade my speakers. I've been looking at an underseat sub, https://www.alpine-usa.com/product/pwe-s8, but I would like to avoid putting anything under my seats. Is it possible to come close to the bass response of an underseat subwoofer with 6x9 component speakers? I'm not looking for earth shaking lows, but I would like better low in punch than what my stock speakers have to offer. I would appreciate some suggestions.

I was thinking something along these lines for 6x9s:

I am running the Kenwood KFC6903c's in my ram. Definitely upped the mid bass and bass response. Don't know if you have dash speakers but the 3.5" that comes with them sounds great. I plan in the next week or 2 to throw some more power at them and see if that wakes them up more.

I am running the Kenwood KFC6903c's in my ram. Definitely upped the mid bass and bass response. Don't know if you have dash speakers but the 3.5" that comes with them sounds great. I plan in the next week or 2 to throw some more power at them and see if that wakes them up more.

Looks like there's another Kenwood model that would fit my application: https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_169853_Kenwood-eXcelon-KFC-XP6902C.html

Let me know they work with more power.

Under seat subwoofer in a 4runner? Don’t do it. Grab a comp set and a four channel amp. Run the front two channels on thr comp set and sound treat your doors. Then run a sub in the back firing toward the hatch off the rear two
Amp channels bridged. You can put the amp under a seat or on the back of a small sub box. You bought a high end alpine, no sense doing something halfass

Under seat subwoofer in a 4runner? Don’t do it. Grab a comp set and a four channel amp. Run the front two channels on thr comp set and sound treat your doors. Then run a sub in the back firing toward the hatch off the rear two
Amp channels bridged. You can put the amp under a seat or on the back of a small sub box. You bought a high end alpine, no sense doing something halfass

I'd like to keep the back cargo area unhindered for dogs and family activities, so either in the doors or under the front seats, and I'd rather not try to cram anything under the seats if possible.

I'd like to keep the back cargo area unhindered for dogs and family activities, so either in the doors or under the front seats, and I'd rather not try to cram anything under the seats if possible.
Get a 10 and go sealed. Less than a cube overall footprint, the result will be better. Or do an over the wheel well stealth. That’s unusable square footage anyway

6x9 is still going to require enclosure. Save your keystokes though, this thread was created by another newbie who came on with unrealistic expectations only to probably go install something super Mickey Mouse.

Thanks all for the responses. I'm looking at a stealth sub install or a small subwoofer in the back cargo area, something like the 6x9 subwoofer mentioned in the thread. I was just moving a sectional couch the other day, and it reminded me that I don't want to loose any of that functional cargo space.

u said no to wheel well space when I mentioned a stealth In my first response. If you say no to cargo and no to under the seat (bad location anyway) Where did you expect base Producing Drivers that need cabinet space to go

grab this from a jl dealer and problem solved

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.