6th order bandpass box for 4 alpine 15s

Vogey84

CarAudio.com Recruit
mn
I'm looking to build a no wall 6th order box for 4 15s in my suburban. I primarily want to focus on sq I've got a few diff subs in mind either ab xfl/xr, dayton ultimax, alpine sws-15d2s or skar ddx2/vfls I've spent countless hours trying to model on a few different programs. Though if u make a box on 1 transfer everything to 2 diff apps you get 2 diff results.

Currently I have a dbcomp5 1 ddx2 15 1 powerbass 15 and a ab elite 15 all in terrible prefabs pounds pretty good for what it is. I will be getting af taramps md12k to push the 4 15 6th order I have roughly 48x54x24 if ports stick out the top of the box that's fine im looking to tune it at 25/50-55

I'm looking to build a no wall 6th order box
Why?

Anyway, if you're dead set on this your best bet will be to start building test box for just 1 of the subs and figure out a way that you can easily modify volume in each chamber as well as port lengths. Figure out if whatever you buy will actually ever sound the way you like and then scale that up for 4 when you build permanent.... and still you had better consider when you're building how you're going to modify something if it doesn't work as expected.

I've been researching enclosures for months and 6th order seems to have most of what I'm looking for, able to go low and have a some bandwidth (actually t line sounds like it would be the best but that would definitely be a wall and I want to see out the rear window still) is there something I'm missing that makes this endeavor obsurd?

I've been researching enclosures for months and 6th order seems to have most of what I'm looking for, able to go low and have a some bandwidth (actually t line sounds like it would be the best but that would definitely be a wall and I want to see out the rear window still) is there something I'm missing that makes this endeavor obsurd?
what you think in theory and on paper will never work in IRL. the only way to get loud is to experiment and test then modify. 6th orders are the MOST finicky enclosures that take extreme knowledge and competency to get down. Its not something you can learn from reading a few hours a day for a few weeks online.

It may sound like a waste of time to you but trust me, hispls is saving you a lot of headache, time and disappointment telling you to do the test enclosure then scale up when you have perfect results with just one 15. In all honesty if you arent even coming close to breaking a 147db with a single 15 6th order with decent bandwidth on modest power, you should not even attempt a 4 15s build, it'll be a waste of wood and time. If you can achieve that, once you scale up, you'll have massive gains because you have the dimensions down perfectly.

Everything said above is %100 true. Research only goes so far when talking 6th's.

A no wall 6th for 4 15's?.. I'd look at the size of this dual 15 series 6th/blowthru enclosure below for a general reference.

It might be end up larger than U think

Mmpa4d.jpg

Yeah unless you have an RV you will pretty much have to do a wall . i mean my 1 15" 6th order box is 13cu.ft total so just X that by 4 ro get an idea

I ended up buying a 06 navigator and decided against the 6th order. I ended up building A large ported box, larger then really needed im. Sure 48x44x25.5 with a 41x5 port 24" long (comes 4.5" out of the top of box) subs and port up. Sides, bottom, and port are 2 layers of 3/4" baffle is 4 has 1 brace each side between subs perpendicular to the port braces top side bottom and port wall made out of 2 layers of 3/4" and has 4 triangles cut outta them leaving 3" around the outer edge and a 2" thick x running from corners i was given 2 rockville punisher 15s haven't made up my mind on getting a nother pair or 3 more elite 15s or 4 tnt 15s will probably be adding more bracing b4 im done as im currently at roughly 18ft^3 net. Haven't thrown out the idea of 4 18s though either power still 1 dbcomp5 might get a 2nd to strap or an md12k

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.