600 watt rms recommendations

You can do either one also you want dual 4 ohm 2 12" dual 4 ohm speakers wire to 1 ohm which is what you want to have on a SFB. Just know the prices increase on the V2 series and if you do that then I would do the 3K

And as far as making a box goes my school has one of the best school run machine shops in the country with a full wood shop and machine shop in it so that won't be a problem

Nope you are better off with 1/0 OFC or 1/0 Welding Wire. 4 Gauge will not cut it on a 2K or 3K amplifier full bridge amplifier. Measure out how much you need. I would do the Classic with the 2K and 1/0 Welding Wire so you don't have to upgrade the alternator. I would also buy enough 1/0 to do the big 3 upgrade with a 1/0 line to the alternator positive, alternator bolt to battery and a ground from the chassis to the battery. I had a 130 stock oem Ford Alternator with around 2K in wattage and it didn't cause any issues. But have to remember with box rise and what not you won't be pulling a full 2K of wattage out of it hence for those 2 12" 750 watt rms subwoofers go with the 2K instead of the 1.5K so you know you have enough to cover it and it will. I have 2 12" Fi Xv3's 1000 watt rms and upgrading to a 3K from my Cab-22 which is 2,200 rms at 1 ohm. I "might" have extra ones not sure. I have a fuse at the battery and I have a 2nd one for my two amplifiers back by them so its safety measure. Plus if you ever upgrade to a 2nd amplifier like a 4 channel a dual distribution block will already be there for you to use and same with ground. If I don't have any I can send a link to some decent ones on amazon that don't cost much maybe 25-30 bucks for all 3 that you would need and they come with fuses.

Last edited:
Ok I will do my best to get the bigger wire. Could I use the 3k amp with these subs or would it be too much. How big of an alternator would I need for that. I have a cammed 425 so turning a big one won't be a problem.

I think if it was me I would do the V2 1000 watts then with the 3K if the price isn't a big deal. I would do around a 300 amp alternator as you always want to have more then you actually need. Being that it is a standard 1 wire GM alternator or should be then those should be plentiful just get a name brand is all. Singer, Mechman and a couple others are nice. Just don't buy some Amazon or eBay junk one. Others here have more knowledge on what companies do what and the pricing. But if you want to save money then just do the classics with the 2K and your stock alternator with the wire upgrade underneath the hood

I think if it was me I would do the V2 1000 watts then with the 3K if the price isn't a big deal. I would do around a 300 amp alternator as you always want to have more then you actually need. Being that it is a standard 1 wire GM alternator or should be then those should be plentiful just get a name brand is all. Singer, Mechman and a couple others are nice. Just don't buy some Amazon or eBay junk one. Others here have more knowledge on what companies do what and the pricing. But if you want to save money then just do the classics with the 2K and your stock alternator with the wire upgrade underneath the hood
Yeah that sounds like more work than I want to do so I'll stick to the 2k. Thanks

Yeah I think you will be happy with that along with doing the wire upgrade underneath the hood. Sundown makes some nice stuff plus they have a 2 year warranty and will back it up with no issues at all. Apex is in the same building or next door to Sundown now so they get everything before anyone else does and they work with them on package deals plus do a lot of refurbishing of Sundown Subwoofers even if you send them the basket. Good company to deal with.

So I was looking at that sundown amp and that seems like something I will get. Do they also make good sounding subs for under 400 a piece. The most I want to pay for a system is around 1000 dollars. i Like the idea of the budget systems but I still don’t really know what I want to do for this. Do you think I could get a decent system for 1000 dollars

Yes, if you build the box. There are tons of good subs for around $200/piece. Then pair them with the Sundown SFB1500.

Amazing how the forum gets spendy. This thread has ONE focus so far... $$$. Save -up and put a 2-3K system in there. From a box of rocks to $1000. I said my piece earlier.
But I will say this much... a dual 12 low power setup with the right subs will do just fine. Enclosure/config. helps a ton.
Utilize what you got for now then add power eventually I say. Sa-12s on 2k?.. ok. Why get spendy if your situation is what OP has?

Said he is going with the Sundown Classic Package with a 2K already.

Last I read it was a 1500. Now
Amazing how the forum gets spendy. This thread has ONE focus so far... $$$. Save -up and put a 2-3K system in there. From a box of rocks to $1000. I said my piece earlier.
But I will say this much... a dual 12 low power setup with the right subs will do just fine. Enclosure/config. helps a ton.
Utilize what you got for now then add power eventually I say. Sa-12s on 2k?.. ok. Why get spendy if your situation is what OP has?

I gave the 17 year old kid a $300 out and rock with it. .now, he found some funds for a $1K plus system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...