6-Speaker Setup?

Jonahdude
10+ year member

?????
Ok here's the deal:

I originally purchased a Pioneer DEH-P4500MP Head Unit, Pioneer TS-A1664 6.5" fronts, and Pioneer TS-A6985 6x9" speakers for the rear. However, the 6.5" speakers were too big for the stock location so I replaced them with Pioneer TS-G1340R 5.25" speakers, and now they sound fine. I'm planning on getting a HiFonics NX440 Amplifier for the speakers, and my question is this:

Should I find a place to put the 6.5" speakers and run them off the head unit, while the other four speakers run off the amp? Or, should I just sell the extra pair?

Well the thing is, I cut holes for the 6x9's where the stock speakers used to be (on the shelf behind the back seat), so if I use the 6.5" speakers there will be big gaps around them... any way to get around that?

If you must have rear speakers, I would put the 6.5" in the back and get rid of the 6x9s.
Why 6.5's over 6x9s? Are the 6.5s quieter or is there another reason.?

Just wondering by the way.

Adam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smokin.gif.f1dc8d2acb1809e863ebd6a47eaa0d45.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.