6.5” component suggestions

HopingforSQ&Volume

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have an Audison 4.500 running my 6.5’s n tweeters. Am looking to replace speakers front and rear that I’m currently running. I’ve sound deadened the doors, used speaker rings and foam “tubes” behind speakers w baffles and separate crossovers aside from the amplifier’s. My issue is the resilient sound speakers (running at 4 ohm) sound harsh. I don’t want to spend $300+ a pair but want sound really good sound quality if possible. I’ve been to car audio shops and i have just run into guys just wanting to make a sale (i get that’s their job) but have already regretted a purchase and don’t want to repeat. Are there speakers that will give me sound quality and midbass n can handle the amp (130x4 @4ohm) I’m running a Alpine sa60m to an American Bass 12” for subwoofer set up but have a Precision Power ice 5000.1 that I’m going to run in place of the Alpine after upgrading alternator and wiring. Probably run the amp at 4ohms at 1200 to a pair of tens because i prefer sound quality over spl. Any suggestions on the 6.5’s would be greatly appreciated and any input into the subwoofers would be a bonus. Sorry for the novel and thank you in advance. Was hoping to find 6.5 components $150 a pair, less would be great and figured the subs will be around $200 apiece. I was hoping buying the Audison would give me clean, loud sound.

In my search for ”smooth” at volume, I ended at the Morel Tempo series. I’ve been using the Tempo Ultra II 692 for a year now, and I love them. I’ve had Focal Flax 6.5”, found them harsh with the Mg tweeters. Hertz 6.5” were hard to listen to as well at full volume. YMMV.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...