6 1/2 component speakers? Alpine or other?

Baller_1980

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sydney
Hi guys,

I'm looking into purchasing 2 front 2 way component speakers for my Renault trafic 2022 work van. I'll be using the Stock head unit.

The 2 models I'm deciding between are the

*Alpine R2-S652 R-Series Pro Speakers 6 1/2

*Alpine R2-S652 PRO R-Series 6-1/2" 2-Way Component Speakers.
Also what amplifier will be ideal to power them?
Stay with Alpine or go another?

Also if anyone recommends any other component brands and models?

Any suggestions or recommendations will be greatly appreciated
Thanx guys

Hi guys,

I'm looking into purchasing 2 front 2 way component speakers for my Renault trafic 2022 work van. I'll be using the Stock head unit.

The 2 models I'm deciding between are the

*Alpine R2-S652 R-Series Pro Speakers 6 1/2

*Alpine R2-S652 PRO R-Series 6-1/2" 2-Way Component Speakers.
Also what amplifier will be ideal to power them?
Stay with Alpine or go another?

Also if anyone recommends any other component brands and models?

Any suggestions or recommendations will be greatly appreciated
Thanx guys

Only difference I can see is the crossover. The pro has adjustable crossovers the non pro doesn't. Honestly I believe 99% of people will be happy with the none pro model. Me personally I don't use crossover boxes anyway I run active and control the crossover points digitally

Only difference I can see is the crossover. The pro has adjustable crossovers the non pro doesn't. Honestly I believe 99% of people will be happy with the none pro model. Me personally I don't use crossover boxes anyway I run active and control the crossover points digitally
I hope to try my first attempt at an active setup in future. I already purchased sb acoustic mids/tweets along with a 4 channel that was on sale at audio legion. Going to need you guys help with tuning.

I hope to try my first attempt at an active setup in future. I already purchased sb acoustic mids/tweets along with a 4 channel that was on sale at audio legion. Going to need you guys help with tuning.

Biggest thing I can say it to understand crossover overlap

If you say cross the mid low passed at 2khz at 12db, high pass the tweeter at 4khz 12db.

Don't do a 3khz low pass on the mid and 3khz high pass tweeter. This will create a large spike at 3khz.

Different crossover types can change this a bit but in general you should consider how crossovers don't start cutting until the frequency you set it at.

So setting them close can create a spike as the different speakers add up. This can be helpful with subs though when trying to get rid of the 60hz null that is commonly found.

Biggest thing I can say it to understand crossover overlap

If you say cross the mid low passed at 2khz at 12db, high pass the tweeter at 4khz 12db.

Don't do a 3khz low pass on the mid and 3khz high pass tweeter. This will create a large spike at 3khz.

Different crossover types can change this a bit but in general you should consider how crossovers don't start cutting until the frequency you set it at.

So setting them close can create a spike as the different speakers add up. This can be helpful with subs though when trying to get rid of the 60hz null that is commonly found.
These are the tweets/mids I got. They also got these passives just incase active became too frustrating. These passives are the same the came with the nvx x-series comps. From what I’ve researched, these are basically tie mids/tweets/xovers that make up the x-series comps from nvx.
87ADF0FD-CFA7-4D25-9080-3E79FF1DBA38.jpeg
B94EBB8F-E1F6-421A-A543-206CAEBE1A3F.jpeg
C6406841-B446-4D18-8925-5E5CAE7F5DFE.jpeg

Am also looking for a good component speaker for SQ/high quality music. tends to go with either JBL/infinity but cannot decide which between those 2 brands(which is from same manufacturer) will give a very good music quality. to note that i need only vocal as all bass will be on the existing dual 600watt rms sub.

Am also looking for a good component speaker for SQ/high quality music. tends to go with either JBL/infinity but cannot decide which between those 2 brands(which is from same manufacturer) will give a very good music quality. to note that i need only vocal as all bass will be on the existing dual 600watt rms sub.

If it were me I would go with Infinity.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...