6-½" Midbass Speakers?

I’m not 21 but still like black over chrome. Maybe paint the bumpers to match grey. My parents have an 02 Dodge that is just wasting away. Thinking about selling my truck, buying there’s and fixing it up

That black paint looks immaculate. My black accord is pretty much impossible to keep clean but when it does get some TLC there’s nothing better than a clean black car

And, I never washed it. I always used the spray detailer stuff and wiped it off. It had a single 15" on a 3K and pounded. Sound deadened from floor to roof, and even the front hood. It was nasty for a car with a 95 amp alternator. Just sayin. I was proud of it.
Screenshot_20201129-222222_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20201129-221656_Gallery.jpg

So you want like a pro audio midbass or an SQ midbass woofer?
How low can your tweeters be crossed at?
2 way or dedicated midbass?
Active crossovers?

Basically, I should've asked for a midbass, midrange, and tweet setup that could keep up with my subs. I was thinking just two 6-½" midbass and two super tweets could do the job. I'm most likely wrong. So, that is where I am. Standard cab truck.

So you want like a pro audio midbass or an SQ midbass woofer?
How low can your tweeters be crossed at?
2 way or dedicated midbass?
Active crossovers?

Honestly, what is the difference in a pro audio midbass and a sq midbass? I don’t have a DSP (long story). I will be running everything off of a four channel amp. I'm guessing that I should go with adapters and run an 8" Stephens midbass 6-½" midrange and a super tweeter in the door to keep up with 3K of bass.

Piecing together speakers, so no passive crossover. How are you going to run 3 way active with no tuning and 4 channels of output?

If you are dead set on one amp and no dsp, just grab a 2 way passive comp set and bridge your amp. If you want midbass using the drivers listed, grab a second amp and a cheap dsp.

Are you going to buy passive crossovers? It’s not easy to do a midbass, midrange and tweeter setup without having active crossovers. If you’re not doing a DSP, i would personally stick to just a midbass and tweeter. in a 3 way setup, you’d need 2 passive bandpass crossovers, and you’d have no way to adjust the crossover points. It can be done with passive crossovers for sure, but if you buy the passive crossovers separately, you’d spend almost as much as getting an inexpensive DSP anyway. I’d pick up a Dayton DSP if you’re going to do a 3 way setup for your front stage. IMO

As the last 2 people have said little to no tuning and no DSP is unrealistic with your goal (front stage to match 3k). Won't be able to go active with a ton of speakers and the pro style loudspeakers really need some EQ to get right (not the easiest set of speakers to work with).

I'd either cough up the money for the Dayton (which will allow for alot more options) or sound deaden your door and get a high quality (NOT cheap) 6.5 component set with higher sensivity.

Are you going to buy passive crossovers? It’s not easy to do a midbass, midrange and tweeter setup without having active crossovers. If you’re not doing a DSP, i would personally stick to just a midbass and tweeter. in a 3 way setup, you’d need 2 passive bandpass crossovers, and you’d have no way to adjust the crossover points. It can be done with passive crossovers for sure, but if you buy the passive crossovers separately, you’d spend almost as much as getting an inexpensive DSP anyway. I’d pick up a Dayton DSP if you’re going to do a 3 way setup for your front stage. IMO

I'll probably just go with midbass and super tweeters. What are your thoughts on running 4-6-½" midbass and two super tweeters on one four channel amp?

I'll probably just go with midbass and super tweeters. What are your thoughts on running 4-6-½" midbass and two super tweeters on one four channel amp?
4 speakers 4 channels, no issues as long as the amp pushed enough power. There is still the issue of how you are going to cross them. Not entirely sure why you can throw down for a mechman but won't shell out $150 for a dsp.

It also sounds like you want midrange and not midbass. Usually midbass drivers are crossed at ~500 and tweets ~5k ish, so you'd be missing your midrange frequencies. Imo, just buy a set of comps with a passive xover if that is your plan.

You can also do 3 way passive with comps FYI. My set of morels came with 3 way crossovers to run passive. 6.5 midbass 2.5 midrange 1 inch soft dome tweeters. Then it's just bridge the amp to 2 channels.

4 speakers 4 channels, no issues as long as the amp pushed enough power. There is still the issue of how you are going to cross them. Not entirely sure why you can throw down for a mechman but won't shell out $150 for a dsp.

It also sounds like you want midrange and not midbass. Usually midbass drivers are crossed at ~500 and tweets ~5k ish, so you'd be missing your midrange frequencies. Imo, just buy a set of comps with a passive xover if that is your plan.

Why can't I just run the 6-½'s off two of the channels and the tweeters on the other two channels? They would each have their own crossover at the amp. Am I missing something?

Why can't I just run the 6-½'s off two of the channels and the tweeters on the other two channels? They would each have their own crossover at the amp. Am I missing something?
on the midbass, you’d need a pass band with a high pass and low pass crossover. The amp will set your high pass, but you won’t have the low pass crossover to cut the midbass frequencies off at where your tweeter takes over. Your midbass should play the frequencies between 80-4000 hz (adjustable), then the tweeter above that. When you use a 2 way crossover, it has a low pass crossover for the midbass speaker set at 3500 (example), then you use the high pass on the amp to create your bandpass frequency range for your midbass, giving you your bandpass frequency of 100-3500 hz, depending on where you set your amps crossover at.

Not entirely sure why you can throw down for a mechman but won't shell out $150 for a dsp.
it's one of my pet peeves. People will spend well over a grand on substage and electrical but the stuff that actually matters (front speakers, digital processing / tuning, proper two or three layer sound deadening treatment) nobody ever wants to do. For daily those should be absolute priority number 1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.