50x4 head unit system build on the cheap?

RockyBalboa

CarAudio.com Recruit
Dallas
I am looking for a simple build in my c10 truck. I would like to have some thing that I will not drain the battery quickly and that is probably the most important issue. My head unit is a DEH-1200MP. LINKhttps://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-1200MP

Audio Features

• Built-in Speaker PowerMOSFET 50W x 4
  • Continuous Power Output22W x 4
  • EqualizerBass, Mid, Treble
  • Equalizer Presets5
  • User Equalizer Settings1
  • LoudnessYes (On/Off)
  • Electronic Balance/Fader
  • Source Level Adjuster (SLA)
  • RCA Preouts1 pair (Rear)
  • Preout Voltage & Impedance2.2V, 1k Ohm

Available speakers space for the front are 3.5" X2, 4X10 X1 (Want to hook up 3 speakers for the front)
WILL THIS WORK FOR THE FRONT
BOSS Audio Systems BRS410 120 Watt, 4 x 10 Inch, Full Range, Replacement Car Speaker

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06VSS9M67/?tag=caraudiocom-20
Pioneer TS-A878 3 1/2 Inch 2-Way Speakers
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00009QOTA/?tag=caraudiocom-20

for the rear I have 2 6x9's (Sony Xplod Xs-R series XS-R6944 6x9 300W Max Power (50W Rated) 4-Way 4 Ohm Car Speakers With Low Distortion )
can I use this amp for the 6X9's Evolution 200 Watt, 2 Channel, 2 to 8 Ohm Stable Class A/B, Full Range, Car Amplifier

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IVEGW2M/?tag=caraudiocom-20

Thanks for any direction given. I would like to just get a little more out of the head unit and rear speakers I currently have.Again would like to keep power consumption to a minimum as not to quickly drain the battery when the truck is shut off and radio is on.
How would I wire the third speaker in the front into the 2 existing channels?

So it's a single cab with a one 4x10" speaker, two 3.5"s, and two 6x9s? Is the 4x10" a center speaker? 3.5"s in the doors, and the 6x9s in the cab corners?

I would leave out the 4x10" Buy a nicer 4 channel amp and some better 3.5s and 6x9s.

Yes what I currently have is this, single cab, no door speakers. i already have the head unit and the 6x9's in the truck nothing else.

Front above dashboard
3.5 4x10 3.5
Rear
6x9 6x9

Its a work truck , nothing fancy

Last edited:
Let me try this again. I am not looking for a extravagant system for this vehicle . Just looking to get what I can out of what I got. My front speakers are blown and and will need to be replaced.

What front speakers can I add , what wattage range will I need ? (Not buying amps and a new head unit)

My head unit now is rated at 50x4, but see this means nothing, manual says rms is 14wX4 @ 4 ohms. NOT GOING TO DO THE THIRD SPEAKER AT FRONT SINCE HEAD UNIT WILL NOT SUPPORT THE POWER

So will these 60 watt max, 15w nominal speakers be what I need front my front dash?
Pioneer TS-A878 3 1/2 Inch 2-Way Speakers
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00009QOTA/?tag=caraudiocom-20

For the rear I have the speakers already mounted in truck,they are working fine. They are sony 6x9s (I know cheap chit) PEAK 300W- RATED 50WATT.

Will this amp work for the 6x9's-----50 W MAX Power @ 4 Ohm x 2 Channels https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IVEGW2M/?tag=caraudiocom-20
will the amp for the rear be fine or should I look for something bigger?

This is my "work" truck and just looking to clean up what I have a little and get the most I can out of the crappy head unit and crappy rear 6x9s. If you can tell I am completly lost on all the numbers and just want to make sure I am not mix matching crap. The front dash speakers I bought were some type of kicker speakers and were trash after a year of use. I think I mixmatched something there and ruined them.

So you want to amplify 4 way speakers (didn’t know they made 4 way) speakers that are going to be in the rear and putsmall underpowered front speakers on head unit power. Also, Pretty sure once you have rcas Plugged in that headunit the internal amp goes out the door. Overall your talking about an imaging nightmare.

Here’s a couple ideas but I could be off.

idea one: Your could get rca y splitters, buy a Decent 4 channel amp, Ditch the center 4x10, put the 3.5 coaxial set you listed in front And then use your 6.9 in rear.

or:
Grab a better two channel Or y splitters again on four channel amp And bridge, grab a 65$ Comp set, mount tweeter in 3.5 location and put a midbass in your door. If it’s your old work truck cutting a hole in your door seems like an achievable feat.

youre not likely going to get someone to respond with validation to your proposed solution because it’s not a good solution imaging or simplification wise.

Sounds like you just need a decent 5-1/4" or 6-1/2" two way in your doors and call it good. Just run all four speakers off of that amp. It won't be great, but it should suffice for a work truck. Or, ditch the doors and just get a good 3-1/2" for the dash. I would still run all the speakers off of the amp.

Just throw some 3.5"s and 6x9s in on headunit power and call it a day. Not sure what you already have and don't have. NVX NSP35s look decent for $35. The matching 6x9s NSP69 are $50. They don't have some BS "3/4/5 way" tweeters. Just simple soft domes.

That SSL amp is worthless.

The only average 2 channel options are $60+ dollars. Which Im guessing is more than you want to spend? Never really saw a budget.

what small budget minded amp will run with my head unit and these 6x9 speakers? What 3.5 speakers will work nice with the head unit. I would say 200 dollars max would be the budget for everything. If I could use my current 6x9s that would be great also .
Its a single cab truck so you are practically sitting on the 6x9s and have the 3.5s about 24-30" in front of your face.
I would like to keep the head unit, again work truck. Anything fancy looking will get more attention to be stolen.

Head unit is 14wx4 rms
3.5 dash speaker? 3.5 dash speaker?

6x9 amp? 6x9

NVX 6 x 9 inch Professional Grade True 110 watt RMS 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers [N-Series] with Silk Dome Tweeters, Set of 2 [NSP69]

Rockford Fosgate R169X3 Prime 6” x 9” 3-Way Full-Range Coaxial Speaker (Pair) 65 Watts RMS / 130 Watts Max

Last edited:
what small budget minded amp will run with my head unit and these 6x9 speakers? What 3.5 speakers will work nice with the head unit. I would say 200 dollars max would be the budget for everything. If I could use my current 6x9s that would be great also .
Its a single cab truck so you are practically sitting on the 6x9s and have the 3.5s about 24-30" in front of your face.
I would like to keep the head unit, again work truck. Anything fancy looking will get more attention to be stolen.

Head unit is 14wx4 rms
3.5 dash speaker? 3.5 dash speaker?

6x9 amp? 6x9

NVX 6 x 9 inch Professional Grade True 110 watt RMS 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers [N-Series] with Silk Dome Tweeters, Set of 2 [NSP69]

Rockford Fosgate R169X3 Prime 6” x 9” 3-Way Full-Range Coaxial Speaker (Pair) 65 Watts RMS / 130 Watts Max

Regardless of money you’re not thinking about this the right way. 200$ is way doable.

the sound in that single cab should come from the front. if you’re going to put amplified power to anything it would be those fronts and keeping your midbass toward the front (hence door holes but I get it if you don’t want to). dont use those 4Ways, those are like boat speakers for wakeboard Towers, they are simply for loud ass output

grab those nvx 3.5’s and 6x9s as previously advised and run them off headunit. Then if you want more grab a set of y splitters, 4 channel amp kit and a small amp. Here’s an idea below.

I see what you are saying but in the truck things are a little different. With the older set of 3.5 I had in the the front dash it was plenty loud for me with the speakers being 30" from my face. The 6x9 get squashed behind the seat and get a little muffled and also trying to get some base out of those is the reason to amplify the rear. Like you said though I am not going to cut on the door. The taramps are both 2 ohm and the 6x8s are 4 ohm will it still work?

I see what you are saying but in the truck things are a little different. With the older set of 3.5 I had in the the front dash it was plenty loud for me with the speakers being 30" from my face. The 6x9 get squashed behind the seat and get a little muffled and also trying to get some base out of those is the reason to amplify the rear. Like you said though I am not going to cut on the door. The taramps are both 2 ohm and the 6x8s are 4 ohm will it still work?
This amplifier is rated at 63x4 rms @ 4 ohms in the specs,and will work fine..50-100 rms 6x9s will work just fine off this amplifier,30-50 rms 3.50" will work just fine of this amplifier also..(4 ohm or 2 ohm speakers)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.