50x4 head unit system build on the cheap?

Ah the single cab C10 life. I have one, havent gotten around to the audio on it though. My plan for mine is some image dynamics 4" coax in the dash 3.5 spots, and a single 10 behind the seat with a 4ch amp. Coax on 2 ch and other 2 bridged on the sub. I have it all laying around though.

Pretty simple setup that should suffice.
Any 4 way coax 6x9 is gonna sound like crap amped. Way too much tweet from behind you.

These speakers should sound good in your truck. Do yourself a favor and purchase the Taramps TS400X4. Very small, budget minded, and powerful 4 channel amp.
20191215_223951.jpg
20191215_223931.jpg

Ah the single cab C10 life. I have one, havent gotten around to the audio on it though. My plan for mine is some image dynamics 4" coax in the dash 3.5 spots, and a single 10 behind the seat with a 4ch amp. Coax on 2 ch and other 2 bridged on the sub. I have it all laying around though.

Pretty simple setup that should suffice.
Any 4 way coax 6x9 is gonna sound like crap amped. Way too much tweet from behind you.
What he said on the 4ways. Coaxials in the front with a sub may be a good idea. That will allow you to limit the frequencies behind you through the filter on the amp channels that you use for the sub. It’s a small cab so you won’t need to rely on dedicated midbass to blend the front to rear. Even dedicated midbass 6x9’s would need significant treatment to give you the same response as a dedicated sub in an small enclosure.

Wasting any money or power to the rear is what noobs think is a good solution. From a professional tune and install standpoint thats the worst thing to do. Amp the fronts, add a small cheap sub for bass, hell even a slim sub would be miles better than relying on rear 6x9s for bass.

Amp everything on the front wired parallel together on channel 1 and 2. Bridge channel 3 and 4 for a low powered 4 ohm sub. Leave rear 6x9s on head unit power done deal. Simple.

First off , thanks fellas for the help.

Wasting any money or power to the rear is what noobs think is a good solution. From a professional tune and install standpoint thats the worst thing to do. Amp the fronts, add a small cheap sub for bass, hell even a slim sub would be miles better than relying on rear 6x9s for bass.

Amp everything on the front wired parallel together on channel 1 and 2. Bridge channel 3 and 4 for a low powered 4 ohm sub. Leave rear 6x9s on head unit power done deal. Simple.
Im intrigued by this idea. Would bobbytwonames combo work with a added jbl stage 810 8" 200watt sub work?
Link for sub https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QLN3VJS/?tag=caraudiocom-20
So it would be that sub I linked to and bobbytwonames recommended components, including the taramps ts400x4.

These speakers should sound good in your truck. Do yourself a favor and purchase the Taramps TS400X4. Very small, budget minded, and powerful 4 channel amp. View attachment 19319View attachment 19320

These speakers should sound good in your truck. Do yourself a favor and purchase the Taramps TS400X4. Very small, budget minded, and powerful 4 channel amp. View attachment 19319View attachment 19320
If I go this route, I can wait on the sub, for now just the items you listed included amp. Do you think I can safely power all four speakers off this amp, or at least the front two speakers and leave the rear unamped until I get a sub in the future. I like to listen to the radio when I am working outside with the motor turned off.
If I power four speakers off the one amp I just run the rca to the amp from the head unit and the wire back to the front on channels 1-2 and the rear 6x9 to channel 3-4? Thanks again for the help just trying to make sure before I start ordering parts

That amp will do you justice in that truck. It doesn't pull much power at all. It is also very small and easily hidden. Wire your RCA's to the amp. And, then wire the speakers up. Having it installed by a professional is always the safest bet. Those Alpine 6"X9"'s should give you some bass.

First off , thanks fellas for the help.

Im intrigued by this idea. Would bobbytwonames combo work with a added jbl stage 810 8" 200watt sub work?
Link for sub https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QLN3VJS/?tag=caraudiocom-20
So it would be that sub I linked to and bobbytwonames recommended components, including the taramps ts400x4.

from their comp sets to in home speakers, I’ve never thought anything jbl sounded particularly bad so it it fits your budget just make sure you build a proper enclosure for it.

Listen to what Jeff says. He won't lead you wrong. Those speakers that I suggested should be a decent upgrade for you in that truck. Jeff's amp suggestion will be plenty strong and efficient enough in that truck.

Listen to what Jeff says. He won't lead you wrong. Those speakers that I suggested should be a decent upgrade for you in that truck. Jeff's amp suggestion will be plenty strong and efficient enough in that truck.
Yes no doubt it sounds good. I want to try it first with out the sub and see where I am at but will likely end up with the sub. One other question . I know its best to take to a pro but I think I can do this ,have done before, and I will also have the dash opened up for other upgrades to the dash lighting so I will do at the same time. Will a 8 gauge power and ground wire , and 16ga speaker wire be sufficient? I believe all I need extra will be the rca y splitter, after buying the wiring kit. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FKP7TY/?tag=caraudiocom-20

I beleive this will be my sub set up ,minus the 6x9s when I get there. For wiring the two 3.5s and two 6.9s Ill just wire them up across the board.

Last edited:
Yes no doubt it sounds good. I want to try it first with out the sub and see where I am at but will likely end up with the sub. One other question . I know its best to take to a pro but I think I can do this ,have done before, and I will also have the dash opened up for other upgrades to the dash lighting so I will do at the same time. Will a 8 gauge power and ground wire , and 16ga speaker wire be sufficient? I believe all I need extra will be the rca y splitter, after buying the wiring kit. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FKP7TY/?tag=caraudiocom-20

I beleive this will be my sub set up ,minus the 6x9s when I get there. For wiring the two 3.5s and two 6.9s Ill just wire them up across the board.

View attachment 19323

That gauge wiring will be fine. You will be shocked at the size of the amplifier. And, then, you will be shocked at the power it provides.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.