4 Rockford Fosgate P3 10s in a mustang

That box is pretty tight. I never knew about the open spaces and how it could affect the output though I will check it out in the morning. Thank you for letting me know about that. Im not to worried about the box and sub for now. I plan on swapping them and building a new custom box with better subs I was thinking 12s but that's for next year. After about 5 hours of driving around off and on putting my new amp to work. The upgrade from the rockford fosgate t1500 to the t2500 added about 25% more bass in my guestiment based off of what I heard. With more room and better subs I'm sure I can get more out of the amp. My next project will be a Rockford 4 channel but I am not sure what to go with yet. 🤔

I believe that wiring you think is for the speakers is actually for the battery in the trunk. 
The Grey and White heavier gauge speaker wiring going into each speaker box through the like the 2 1/2" holes there.  It looks like 10awg maybe.  Make sure those two holes do not leak air and plug up with caulk or even wood putty if you need.  That DAP filler works good for stuff like that and is like under 4 bucks at home depot  The Red and Black wiring is definitely 0 gauge stuff..

Does each pair of subs share any air space with the adjacent set?  I am curious if you have tried to fire that port towards the cabin at all to see how it sounds?  Seeing as you have very little around the box as it is to get much air or sound to come in it might be worth a try down the road?

So the "grey/white speaker wire" that's going thru your sub enclosure goes to your batteries???? Something isn't adding up here. 1) Why go thru the sub enclosure instead of going around the box, and 2) I thought that's what the thicker gauge red/black wires were going to??  I'm even more confused now. Who installed all the audio?

Optima batteries are junk nowadays...just so you know. They're overpriced. The RF amps are nice but are expensive.

+6db is twice the sound intensity :fyi:  
http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-levelchange.htm

Ratio doubling means:− a power level of +3 dB, or a sound intensity level of +3 dB − an electric voltage level of +6 dB, or a sound pressure level of +6 dB− a loudness level of about +10 dB−10 dB more SPL means 10 times increase in amplifier (electric) power

Doubling of the volume (loudness) should be sensed as a level difference of +10 dB − acousticians say.Doubling the sound pressure (voltage) corresponds to a measured level change of +6 dB ●Doubling of sound intensity (acoustic energy) belongs to a calculated level change of +3 dB.

http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculator-levelchange.htm

Ratio doubling means:− a power level of +3 dB, or a sound intensity level of +3 dB − an electric voltage level of +6 dB, or a sound pressure level of +6 dB− a loudness level of about +10 dB−10 dB more SPL means 10 times increase in amplifier (electric) power

Doubling of the volume (loudness) should be sensed as a level difference of +10 dB − acousticians say.Doubling the sound pressure (voltage) corresponds to a measured level change of +6 dB ●Doubling of sound intensity (acoustic energy) belongs to a calculated level change of +3 dB.

I don't know what this nonsense is you are posting about; but it looks like Russian fake news :santa: .  

I can assure you doubling the sound pressure level (ie. sound intensity) corresponds to a +6db increase in volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.