4 Rockford Fosgate P3 10s in a mustang

Neverenoughbassstang

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello,

I have a 2014 ford mustang and 4 Rockford Fosgate p3 in a custom box. I had them being pushed by a rockford fosgate t1500 but like any other bass junkie i have to go bigger so I purchased a rockford fosgate t2500 amp and was wanting to know if this amp will be too much for my subs. I eventually want to replace the subs with something else but not right now. Any help would be much appreciated thanks !

4 Rockford Fosgate p3 in a custom box. I had them being pushed by a rockford fosgate t1500 but like any other bass junkie i have to go bigger so I purchased a rockford fosgate t2500 amp
If it was mine I'd go for it.

It's gonna be up to you to know your equipment and set your signal and filters up correctly, when to back-off and let it rest a bit 

But if the box can support the added power and not limit output

I'd go for it... but they're not mine to burn-up... I'm generally vigilant and know my equipments limits, are you?

Those T2500's do pretty decent power so have fun.

I'd like to see a pic of the install, Mustang trunks sure are smallish...

Got a pic or 2 to post-up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Neverenoughbassstang said:
Hello,

I have a 2014 ford mustang and 4 Rockford Fosgate p3 in a custom box. I had them being pushed by a rockford fosgate t1500 but like any other bass junkie i have to go bigger so I purchased a rockford fosgate t2500 amp and was wanting to know if this amp will be too much for my subs. I eventually want to replace the subs with something else but not right now. Any help would be much appreciated thanks !
is your box sealed?

That's why I asked for pics of the install... I'm suspecting sealed
To put it into perspective, this is what 4.2cf looks like in a 17 Mustang. 32wide 13 tall 24 deep, turned sideways 90 degrees. Has to be loaded into the trunk via the back seats, height and depth are maxed as far as getting it in the car goes, You might be able to add an inch or 2 on the width but that's it. 

20180610_194758.jpg

Thank you all for your replys! Here is the only picture I have for now. Until tomorrow the box is ported. I like all your input I like to believe I know my equipment and when things get hot. I'll be able to hear it tomorrow night. My electrical system now is 3 Optima batteries high output alternator and the big 3 I hope that will be good enough to feed this amp. I'll post another pic tomorrow and let yall know how it sounds. 

How does that even sound good? Ports toward the bottom section of the trunk and not fired into the cabin thru the rear deck. Correct me if I'm wrong but doing it this way is best for trunk cars.

How does that even sound good? Ports toward the bottom section of the trunk and not fired into the cabin thru the rear deck. Correct me if I'm wrong but doing it this way is best for trunk cars.
Actually you're wrong. Sub and port to the rear or to the side is usually best in a trunk. 

Port firing through the rear deck is a common misconception for trunk cars. It most leads to cancellation. 

His box is not ideal because the ports look too small and most likely the airspace is too small for the cone area. 

It might be better to side fire the subs and fire the port to the rear. I've seen/heard that orientation in a 2dr Grand Am and it worked well. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thx for posting pics Op... if it sounds good then thats all that matters.

Port area looks small for 4 10's but pics can be deceiving. 

As long as you think the amp swap will be fine... go for it 

Kinda looks offhand that the box will limit output to me tho... idk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.