4 ohm, 8 ohm, svc, dvc HELP!

jkw_1

I'm ready to buy two 10's, but need some advice. I've got a Punch 200s (all I can afford for now). I've got a box ready to install two 10's, but need to know what to look for in a sub. The box is app. 1 cube for each sub.

ANYWAY.....I'm confused as to how to get the best punch out of the subs. Should I get a pair of 4 ohm svc's or dvc's or 8 ohm svc's or dvc's? I've always heard 2 ohms mono bridged off the amp is the best way to get full power. Is this true? If so, what ohm subs do I need? Are dvc subs generally better? Keep in mind I'm looking for a tight, hard hitting punchy bass for rock music, don't care for rap and all that.

Lots of ?'s but please try to help me if you can.

Jeff

2 4ohm SVC wired parallel to get you at a 2 ohm load.

2 SVC drivers with Voice Coils in Parallel

Resulting Impendance;

3 Ohm Subwoofer: 1.5 Ohms

4 Ohm Subwoofers: 2 Ohms

8 Ohm Subwoofers: 4 Ohms

12 Ohm Subwoofers: 6 Ohms

Get the dual 4 ohm subs, and wire each subs voice coils in parallel, then wire each sub to its own channel.
Ok, that will give me 2 ohms?

Anyone have a diagram on how to do this PLEASE?!?

Also at the amp, will both +'s be tied in together as well as both -'s and then the + to one channel and the neg to the other channel. So that would make it bridged right?

Get the dual 4 ohm subs, and wire each subs voice coils in parallel, then wire each sub to its own channel.
If he gets 2 4 ohm DVC's and wires each sub parallel wouldn't he have to have twice as much amp then if he had 2 4 ohm SVC's wired parallel?

As for the wiring check out this link...http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep2/wiring.htm

If he gets 2 4 ohm DVC's and wires each sub parallel wouldn't he have to have twice as much amp then if he had 2 4 ohm SVC's wired parallel?
As for the wiring check out this link...http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep2/wiring.htm
He has a 2 channel amp, his best bet is to have a 2 ohm stereo load, accomplished by having a DVC 4 ohm sub wired to each channel.

He has a 2 channel amp, his best bet is to have a 2 ohm stereo load, accomplished by having a DVC 4 ohm sub wired to each channel.
My bad! I misread your original post and thought you where telling him to get 2 4 ohm DVC's. Hence me coming up with the heftier amp comment.

AJ:D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.