4 gauge or 0 gauge ofc

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
Not building a big system and will probably not upgrade to any more power in the future.

my question will 4 gauge ofc be large enough to run a 600w mono amp at 2 ohms
along with a 100watt X4 amp at 4 ohms per channel.

length of power wire going to the distribution block from the battery will probably be 15 feet.

Not advice just actually a question.

Why not do 0 gauge ofc just to be safe either way?

Is there any situation that having 0 gauge when you only need 4 gauge would be a disadvantage?

I'm sorry for posting a question on your question but I got kind of curious when reading your post.

reason for not going 0 gauge if it is not needed

truck is a 2016 toyota tundra
the best entry through the firewall fits a 4 gauge wire tight. Don’t know if a 0g will fit through the spot I am looking to use.

2nd reason. I used 0g on the mustang and camaro and the wire is a little harder to work with.

Not a bad kit here.May need a Dual Distro Fused block @ the amps.

Id recommend doing the Big 3. Not a bad kit with the Big3 included

reason for not going 0 gauge if it is not needed

truck is a 2016 toyota tundra
the best entry through the firewall fits a 4 gauge wire tight. Don’t know if a 0g will fit through the spot I am looking to use.

2nd reason. I used 0g on the mustang and camaro and the wire is a little harder to work with.
Gotcha. Go with what the truck gives you. I agree with you I was asking for technical reasons. I'd do the same if I were you.

audio legion also has it on their site as well.
Nice Find!!

Nice Find!!

Might just pick up a set or 2 just because

Might just pick up a set or 2 just because
LOL. I was thinking the same. Be good for some short runs to a couple amps for me.The 1/0 kit doesnt look too bad either.I picked up the EQ, but havent hooked it up yet. Looks nicely built for the $

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Jimg

CarAudio.com Regular
Jimg
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date