4 6.5" Massive Audio Hippo XL subs enclosure

Participant count
  • Participants list

Boomin_tahoe
5,000+ posts

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
WA
Was given an opportunity for a local guy to build him a ported box to fit under the rear seat of his SUV. Modeled it up in Sketch up and got done with it a few days ago. Still gotta cut the mounting holes as I'm waiting for true measurements from the guy once he gets the subs.

20190608_163058.jpg

20190608_163154.jpg

20190604_195723.jpg

20190604_195745.jpg

20190605_173850.jpg

20190605_204248.jpg

20190605_204239.jpg

"Sigh"... Looking at that green grass means a temperate climate... and makes me "green" with envy at the moment... lol... its forecast high of 112 today here.

How much amplifier power is the guy going to be using?

Did you design the enclosure or just build it?

Port looks very small, why didn't you make it the full height? 
Thought it looked smallish myself but don't know anything about designing. He got the design from someone else, I just built it....and noticed 2-3 dims that were off. Imma tell the guy not to go thru with him again. Wasn't even given a 3-d drawing, barely any pics showing what it will look like. Supposilly, the port is tuned to 35Hz but it's 10" in length. I hate to see the actual tuning from a few gurus on here and have the guy dissapointed and build a new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Sigh"... Looking at that green grass means a temperate climate... and makes me "green" with envy at the moment... lol... its forecast high of 112 today here.

How much amplifier power is the guy going to be using?

Did you design the enclosure or just build it?
I haven't asked him what amp he's going to power them with but I will when he comes and picks it up. I def didn't design the enclosure. I don't know if I should release the actual dims on here and have someone look into the specs on it and let the guy know he'll be disappointed with it or wait until later then he'll tell me it sounds like crap.

Thought it looked smallish myself but don't know anything about designing. He got the design from someone else, I just built it....and noticed 2-3 dims that were off. Imma tell the guy not to go thru with him again. Wasn't even given a 3-d drawing, barely any pics showing what it will look like. Supposilly, the port is tuned to 35Hz but it's 10" in length. I hate to see the actual tuning from a few gurus on here and have the guy dissapointed and build a new one.
if the airspace is high, with a small port like that it should be 35hz just might run into compression when you put a lot of power onto it.  If its a low powered setup then small port area is okay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.