3k not sure what to get

Participant count
  • Participant list
Still getting used all the class d stuff tbh...I think the only monoblock I knew about when delta got jacked was the orginal tarantula...it's still strange how my headlights don't shut off like 400 watt old school ab would do šŸ˜‚

Are full bridge amps more prone to catastrophic failure, such as lighting on fire?

@spokey9 sorry not trying to jack your thread.
I'd say that there's been more notorious half bridge amps that have been known for going up in flames (Diablo, CT Sounds, RD). As far as being prone to random self destructs the older Brazilian stuff was rather know for reliability issues but I think the established brands are about as good as any of the other 5K and larger amps out there right now.

I would say only on questionable electrical. Half bridge can deal with questionable electrical better than full bridge.
I'd say that there's been more notorious half bridge amps that have been known for going up in flames (Diablo, CT Sounds, RD). As far as being prone to random self destructs the older Brazilian stuff was rather know for reliability issues but I think the established brands are about as good as any of the other 5K and larger amps out there right now.
Thanks guys. I will start a new thread.

Are full bridge amps more prone to catastrophic failure, such as lighting on fire?

@spokey9 sorry not trying to jack your thread.

That's a bit of a loaded question.

A few FB amps were known to catch on fire. But that was more due to poor quality or specific use-scenarios.

HB amps tend to go up in smoke due to a power supply section failure. FB amps tend to pop in the output section. Output section failures generally make smoke and no sound comes out. Power supply failures tend to go bang and make sparks.

Really, any time you are running big amps and big power fire is a risk.

Matt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...